Ok another one of those dumb questions about (2) Two Formal Nights

marcyjane

Ok, for you seasoned cruisers I know this is going to be one of the dumb question you all talk about people asking, but here goes.;)

Both our cruises were 5 days with only (1) formal night.

The cruise in September is 7 days with (2) formal nights.

Are both formal nights the same? Do both have cocktail parties etc? Also just wondering why they do (2) formal nights? :confused:

Not dumb questions at all! And the only way to find out is to ask, so don't worry about it.

There is usually only 1 cocktail party on formal nights, usually on the first one.

Don't really know why they do 2 formal nights, but I enjoy them. It seems like people usually dress up a little more on the first one than the second one.

Terri

Thanks Terri,

I was wondering about the 2nd night if everyone went all out or not.

I thought about taking my long dress w/jacket for first and a pair of black slacks and fancy top for 2nd.

Thanks so much:)

Seems that most people wear their best duds on the 1'st formal night, maybe because it's the night of the Welcome Aboard party. People dress up the 2'nd formal night too, but seems there are fewer people in really fancy clothes. I don't go truly formal anymore. I dress up, but the days of packing an evening gown are a thing of the past for me.

As Terri said, there's only one cocktail party for everyone. But, if you've cruised Carnival before, there's also the Repeater party. I don't recall it being on the other formal night. Could be wrong, though, because I skip it half the time.

I don't know why there are 2 formal nights either. But, it's an improvement over when I started cruising. At that time, there were formal, semi-formal, and casual nights. I think some lines still follow that policy. I much prefer having just 2 formal nights and the rest casual!

I hope you enjoy your first 7 night cruise! I think you'll find that you really get more of a chance to relax and unwind on a week-long cruise. I enjoyed the only 5 night cruise I went on a lot, but it felt more like a long weekend than a vacation.

As it has been posted first formal night is so the capt can welcome every one aboard and have a free drink, back when the ships were a bit smaller it was also the time to get a photo with the capt or the XO but now the ships are so big it is tough to do.

The second formal night is when they have the repeaters party, again free drinks light snacks and awards for those that have cruised the most etc, some of the folks truly dont have a life when you hear the number of days that they have been at sea

Regards

Pete

The second formal night is when they have the repeaters party
Not necessarily. The last few have all been mid-late afternoon after leaving the day's port, and *not* on a day designated as Formal.

some of the folks truly dont have a life when you hear the number of days that they have been at sea
How is that considered *not* having a life? Like Seven said above, that's the (non)life that I want!:D

Archived