Help with Athens at Night

Hello fellow C.C.

When one can't find an answer from their TA or on the internet one finally gives up, and hopes someone on the CC boards will have the answer for us.

We will be in Athens, in Sept. and would like to experience a concert at the Herod Atti theatre or it might be the Dionysos theatre. One of these is where Yanni performed. Also I understand there is a Light Show & Dance performance somewhere around the Acropolis. Any info greatly appreciated.

Lesley

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the web site, it is very interesting. However, it sounds as if your are familar with the theatres. So if you don't mind I have a couple of questions I would like to run by you!

Am I to assume correctly, the Sound & Light & Dance is performed at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus? I'm not clear on where Herodion is and is that where the tribute to Maria Callas would likely to be performed? Wow ,I would sure enjoy that!. Since we will only have one evening there, would your recommend one over the other?

Thanks for your input I'm sorry it's taken me awhile to respond.

Lesley

You’re welcome, Lesley.

Herodeon is another name for Odeon of Herodes Atticus, same theater, located on the slope of Acropolis.

Sorry, I don’t know anything about Light and Dance show.

Regarding Maria Calas memorial events, as far as I know it’s going to be a week of performances in Herodeon theater in Athens, in September, and then big gala in Paris Opera.

It should be very special, as it’s going to be 30 years since her death in September.

Maybe you should also try Lycabettus Theatre. Mariinsky Ballet from St. Petersburg and Ballet Flamenco de Andalucia are going to be there in September

I hope you will enjoy your trip.

Thanks again for the suggestions. Would that not be something if I got to see the Russian ballet. We were in St. Petersburg, in September, and they were touring so I was very disappoionted not to see them in their most famous theatre:mad:

I am really hoping to set something up. We are only there one night and we do not arrive until 6p.m. I don't care how tired I am if I can get tickets for the theatre, I will be one happy girl.

lesley

Archived