What To Do Next?

anil099

I've booked the cruise (may 31st sensaiton) My travel agent has the tickets already....I already booked the holiday inn at the cocoa beach ($49 per room employee rate).....well now I got about 10 days left and wonder if theres anything to do besides wait and get the tickets from my travel agent..

one quesitn though...you guys talk about luggage and carry on....I feel like I can carry everything I need in a carry on handbag since its only a 3 day....has anyone else done that? not pack asuitcase but just carried on everything....or is it reccommended? thanks

Sure you can if you choose, but one thing to consider, on my previous only cruise, I had 2 carry on's and they shuffle you to the dining area to eat as soon as you board and you get your tray of great food, which with drink and everything it was a little difficult to travel that way. I could have asked for assistance but when you first board they are so very busy getting the last minute things done I hated to bother them. Your room isn't usually ready if you board early. Just an idea, although I did manage. One thing I was definitely 100% right on, was the fact that I was hooked on cruising way before I boarded. It is eccstatically over the top wonderful and I absolutely love it. I hope you have a great time!!

one quesitn though...you guys talk about luggage and carry on....I feel like I can carry everything I need in a carry on handbag since its only a 3 day....has anyone else done that? not pack asuitcase but just carried on everything....or is it reccommended? thanks

For a short cruise, I imagine you might be able to get everything into carry-on bags. However, the bags must be able to fit into the 16"x24" x-ray machine; otherwise, they'll have to be checked w/the porters at the terminal.

Re K00L's post - I've never been shuffled directly to the dining room after boarding.:confused: I've always been able to take my carry-on bag to my cabin even when I've boarded early; then I check out the ship areas and have a bite to eat. If the steward is still in your cabin (or area), you can ask to put it in the closet out of his way.

Just make sure your piece of luggage will pass through the x-ray machine like the ones at the airport. Once we boarded the ship, we went to our cabin, introduced ourselves to the steward & asked politely if we can put our carry-on in the closet. That was not a problem, then went eat lunch.

Archived