Pool On Dawn Small??????

monkll

I HEARD THE POOL ON THE DAWN IS TINY. IS THIS TRUE????:confused: DO WE HAVE TO GET TO THE POOL DECK AT 8 AM TO GET SEATS???:eek: TRAVELED ON RCCI AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. 1ST TIME ON NORWEGIAN KIND OF NERVOUS............... HEARING VERY MIXED REVIEWS:rolleyes:

I HEARD THE POOL ON THE DAWN IS TINY. IS THIS TRUE????:confused: DO WE HAVE TO GET TO THE POOL DECK AT 8 AM TO GET SEATS???:eek: TRAVELED ON RCCI AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. 1ST TIME ON NORWEGIAN KIND OF NERVOUS............... HEARING VERY MIXED REVIEWS:rolleyes:

The pool is not small on the Dawn... Visit ncl.com to see pictures...

As for getting seats? Never had a problem. There are chairs on several tiers (like a stadium almost) around the pool, and there are always some available. You may run into inconsiderate guests who ignore sings and try to reserve chairs when they are not there, but typically you can find one easily.

I agree the outdoor pool on the Dawn is a geed size. The indoor lap pool is small and can only handle two lap swimmers at a time. Even though the Fitness center is open 24 hours, the indoor lap pool there doesn't open until 8AM (I always like to swim laps before breakfast).

The outdoor pool is a good size...and yes, they have the chair hogs. We were out there at 7:30 in the morning on one of our sea days. We sat in our chairs though, and didn't leave towels and walk away. You generally wouldn't have a problem no matter what time of day. We were on a school break cruise and there were a lot of people.

The spa pool is very nice, but, keep in mind that there is a fee to use it.

Enjoy your trip.

When you take into account the amount of passengers and the size of the Dawn, yes, i would say the pool is small. As far as getting deck chairs, if you want them right by the pool, or on the pool deck itself, you should probably get there early. However, if you dont mind a less desirable locale, not really near the pool, or up on the other deck, you should not have a problem finding a couple of chairs throughout the day.

When you take into account the amount of passengers and the size of the Dawn, yes, i would say the pool is small. As far as getting deck chairs, if you want them right by the pool, or on the pool deck itself, you should probably get there early. However, if you dont mind a less desirable locale, not really near the pool, or up on the other deck, you should not have a problem finding a couple of chairs throughout the day.

I agree. With the amount of people on the Pool Deck and swimming, the pool is kind of small. I hope I don't start a firestorm but there are two pools on the Pool Decks of RCI's Voyager class ships and they are considerably bigger then the one pool, on the Pool Deck of the Dawn. RCI's Voyager Class Ships are larger then the Dawn as well so that is part of the reason why.

We always sat on the deck above the pool and got a great view of everything going on below. We were 9 people so it was easier for us to find a good amount of chairs there. The pools are not Olympic size but they served the purpose for taking a cool dip. My kids are 6 and 10 and I had to go in with them. The one pool is 6 foot and the other is 4 foot deep but it resembles a dunk tank. So, the ladder is straight down in the water. I was afraid my 6 year old would fall off the ladder.

The outdoor pool may seem small for the number of people on board but it is about the same size as those on other ships having the same or more people. The Jewel class ships have two outdoor pools.

I was surprised to hear they are now charging a fee for the indoor lap pool? They didn't when we sailed the Dawn.

Hatsoff389-We love Rccl Voyager class ships....especially Voyager and Mariner. We booked Dec 9th Dawn for the itinerary and to try Norwegian. Are we going to be disappointed?? What are some differences?? Thanks! Barb

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. The Dawn is smaller then the Voyager and the Mariner, but its not all that noticable of a difference. Like I said earlier, the pool deck on the voyager class ships are better then NCL. But to me, the pool deck doesnt make the whole cruise. The biggest difference between the two which I'm sure you know is that RCCL does the traditional dining and NCL is freestyle. I'm sure you will like the Freestyle experience. Overall my wife and I like RCCL a little more but not by much. We are big fans of NCL as well. :D

The outdoor pool may seem small for the number of people on board but it is about the same size as those on other ships having the same or more people. The Jewel class ships have two outdoor pools.

I was surprised to hear they are now charging a fee for the indoor lap pool? They didn't when we sailed the Dawn.

They didnt when we sailed the Dawn either but its been a while since we've been on the Dawn. I've heard some of the reasons why they did it but it never seemed to get over crowded. We've always enjoyed it.

Hatsoff389-We love Rccl Voyager class ships....especially Voyager and Mariner. We booked Dec 9th Dawn for the itinerary and to try Norwegian. Are we going to be disappointed?? What are some differences?? Thanks! Barb
We did Voyager twice and Explorer once.We just got off the Dawn from a 11 day s.carib and it was our favorite cruise so far.The Dawn and Explorer are roughly the same age and went thru there last refurbish around the same time.Well let me tell you the Dawn is in alot better shape.Explorer was trashed when we went last year,carpets ,beds,rust on the rails-you name it.I actually saw 2 crew members replacing peices of carpet on the Dawn mid -cruise,something i never saw on RCCl.The Freestyle concept was way better than traditional in my opinion.We used to sit on the pool deck on royal and watch everyone looking at there watches waiting for dinner.I don't think i can ever go back to traditional dining again.As far as Rccl unless we go on Freedom or Liberty theres nothing new to see.Most of Rccl"innovations"Rock climbing wall,ice skating rink etc most people don't even use.

Of all the ships we have sailed on, the one with the best pools was the Golden Princess. They had two good size pools, one indoor and one outdoor. The indoor pool was open 24 hours a day so you could swim at any time regardless of the weather. I like to swim laps every morning before breakfast when the pool is empty.

Archived