1. 1. Detailed how formal do you dress Poll 7 options

• Gown
    • Tux
    • Cocktail dress
    • Suit
    • Country club casual
    • Military
    • Shorts,jeans and I eat at the buffet that night

Let's not. One is enough, and I think you found that MORE folks like to dress up for dinner than not. Find another topic.:D

What? I added the jeans and shorts for you.:D

Find another topic,like tipping ?? No way, I would hate to be booted off like steveaaaa.

Looks like you're obsessed with this subject. On Carnival, I wear a suit because I don't want to overdress. On Celebrity or Royal Caribbean or HAL, I always dress in a tux. My poll response was for Carnival.

Yawn.... can we start a tipping thread?

How about a poll that asks if you had the choice to eat the same menu as formal night, but in a casual dining room which dining room would you attend - Casual or Formal?

I think you find many more people opting for casual, than the number that "complies" with the current, poorly defined and enforced, dress code.

the difference of opinions and the fact that we have a place to go to post them is the reason cruise critic is good.if we couldn't give our opinions and reviews then this place would be a big F.A.Q. place and deserted. I like to read controversial threads, it's entertaining. The regulars must like reading them too or they wouldn't bother clicking on the threads that have something like tipping or dinner wear or formal wear.:)

Tom

the difference of opinions and the fact that we have a place to go to post them is the reason cruise critic is good.if we couldn't give our opinions and reviews then this place would be a big F.A.Q. place and deserted. I like to read controversial threads, it's entertaining. The regulars must like reading them too or they wouldn't bother clicking on the threads that have something like tipping or dinner wear or formal wear.:)

Tom

sure... but how many of the same in a day:confused: There are too many on the first page dealing with formal wear - even controversial subjects are boring when they are hashed 5 times a day...

I will be wearing a black sequined tea length cocktail dress the first formal night and a black fancy elegant pants suit the second formal night. I have a black ball gown but I lost a lot of weight and it is way too big on me now since last year. :D

sure... but how many of the same in a day:confused: There are too many on the first page dealing with formal wear - even controversial subjects are boring when they are hashed 5 times a day...

your right ! but its like a tv station.. don't wanna watch turn the channel

don't care for the thread don't click on it.. to many on the first page?? just click the next page button:D

Tom

SteveE's,

How silly do you want to look?

This poll 82 dress up to 12 country club casual. [Why is that a choice for formal nites?]

Last poll you did 83.xx% dress up.

GIVE IT UP!!!

You don't want to/understand about dress up, OK don't dress up. We don't care if you don't and we could do without any more silly polls.

And I think you are Steveaaaaa

Dan

SteveE's,

How silly do you want to look?

This poll 82 dress up to 12 country club casual. [Why is that a choice for formal nites?]

Last poll you did 83.xx% dress up.

GIVE IT UP!!!

You don't want to/understand about dress up, OK don't dress up. We don't care if you don't and we could do without any more silly polls.

And I think you are Steveaaaaa

Dan

cruise critic population.... not the real world! WE are the only ones obsessing about our cruise:D Example: my friends are going with us .. they have a high speed connection and haven't look at a single thing about cruising.. they just plan on going and having a good time.

You seen that Steveeeeee posted the thread don't read it if it bothers you that bad. I think you will continue to read the threads cause you like controversy(sp?) alot of people do:D

Tom

cruise critic population.... not the real world! WE are the only ones obsessing about our cruise:D Example: my friends are going with us .. they have a high speed connection and haven't look at a single thing about cruising.. they just plan on going and having a good time.

You seen that Steveeeeee posted the thread don't read it if it bothers you that bad. I think you will continue to read the threads cause you like controversy(sp?) alot of people do:D

Tom

And you read them, WHY? And make comments like the above, WHY?

Dan

Our first cruise we got all dressed up to, it was fun.... then you realize it depends on the ship and the time of year. Remember you are going on VACATION!!!!! The rules carnival sets is for adults. (there is no mention of kids) so you people who want to get dressed up do so, but let the rest of us people have a good time comfortably.

Formal Night for our family: i wear a skirt and nice blouse usually, my husband pants with a long sleve shirt. kids pants and polo. and gee with 13 cruises down we have never been asked to leave the dinning room, sometimes we even feel over dressed compared to other people.

I will be wearing a black sequined tea length cocktail dress the first formal night and a black fancy elegant pants suit the second formal night. I have a black ball gown but I lost a lot of weight and it is way too big on me now since last year. :D

Sounds good. I'll be wearing a black tea length dress the first night, and a cream two peice suit (fancy), the second night, I think. The other nights I dress up in suits, or long fancy dresses. I'm short, and to buy a gown it would cost too much to have it altered. Even a petite gown could sometimes be too long. I go for tea length, it works for me.:)

Our first cruise we got all dressed up to, it was fun.... then you realize it depends on the ship and the time of year. Remember you are going on VACATION!!!!! The rules carnival sets is for adults. (there is no mention of kids) so you people who want to get dressed up do so, but let the rest of us people have a good time comfortably.

Formal Night for our family: i wear a skirt and nice blouse usually, my husband pants with a long sleve shirt. kids pants and polo. and gee with 13 cruises down we have never been asked to leave the dinning room, sometimes we even feel over dressed compared to other people.

Au contraire! This is on Carnival's web site:

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

Archived