1. 1. Detailed how formal do you dress Poll 7 options

• Gown
    • Tux
    • Cocktail dress
    • Suit
    • Country club casual
    • Military
    • Shorts,jeans and I eat at the buffet that night

Yes, Carnival is the FUNship cruise line. As a FUNship, it's rules and guidelines are clearly stated. You have 5-12 nights in which to wear you jeans and casual attire. You are asked to RESPECT my fun 1-2 formal nights per cruise. I know this when I pay and book, so do you. :rolleyes:

FREESTYLE cruising is available for those that do not wish to participate in any formal evenings. As I could chose a cruise line with higher requirements of their cruisers, likewise you could choose freestyle cruising. I am asked to respect your casual for over 95% of my cruise, you can be mannered and courteous enough to respect my formal 5% of the time. (A whopping 5-10 hours) Carnival offers a lovely buffet on all cruises for those that do not enjoy formals. You are more than welcome to wear what you wish on the Lido deck. :D

The rules are clearly stated for all that cruise Carnival. It is unkind and disrespectful to call those who enjoy and respect the policies and perks they are paying for childish names. As for being seasoned travelers...cruises are listed, not travels. Many of us travel outside cruising venues. That is truly an unjustifiable, uniformed and ungrounded comment.

Another cruise police who can not keep nose out of other people"s affairs. Msbr do your thing and leave everyone else alone!!

Another cruise police who can not keep nose out of other people"s affairs. Msbr do your thing and leave everyone else alone!!

No, policing. Just asking for simple respect.

I am not going to complain about others' shorts and jeans. I accept and respect they are tolerated most nights.(Whether in CCL's published writing and guidelines, they are acceptable is another discussion.) I would simply like the same respect.

If Carnival were to go to freestyle cruising with zero formal nights, I would not cruise Carnival, just as I choose not to cruise NCL.

At this time Carnival has Formal Nights. There is nothing immoral nor vulgar about asking that the more casual folks respect my vacation as they assume and anticipate I should respect theirs.

Policing would be seeing someone in the dining room wearing jeans and golf shirt on formal night and asking the head waiter or maître'd to remove that individual. I would respectfully not do that as intentionally insulting people is not what I consider fun nor informative.

Out of curiosity, what do you wear to a funeral or a wedding?

I realize that is not vacation, but seems easy to dress up for all of these events. Perhaps I just don't get it!:confused:

Somehow I don't believe we will change anyone's mind or habits on here no matter how much we beat that horse.

Steve, why were you banned? I'm very curious today.;)

I am not going to complain about others' shorts and jeans. I accept and respect they are tolerated most nights.(Whether in CCL's published writing and guidelines, they are acceptable is another discussion.) I would simply like the same respect.

If Carnival were to go to freestyle cruising with zero formal nights, I would not cruise Carnival, just as I choose not to cruise NCL.

At this time Carnival has Formal Nights. There is nothing immoral nor vulgar about asking that the more casual folks respect my vacation as they assume and anticipate I should respect theirs.

Policing would be seeing someone in the dining room wearing jeans and golf shirt on formal night and asking the head waiter or maître'd to remove that individual. I would respectfully not do that as intentionally insulting people is not what I consider fun nor informative.

No one is disrespecting you. You may wear your long dress, fur, and crown if you want to and no one will say a thing to you. Now repects us for not wearing tux, top hat, or crown. I agree shorts are out but a nice dress shirt, tie, and slacks are fine. Policing is also trying to tell everyone else how they should act. Not your job.

No one is disrespecting you. You may wear your long dress, fur, and crown if you want to and no one will say a thing to you. Now repects us for not wearing tux, top hat, or crown. I agree shorts are out but a nice dress shirt, tie, and slacks are fine. Policing is also trying to tell everyone else how they should act. Not your job.

Doesn't matter.. if he gets banned again he will just come back as steveiiiiiiii, then steveooooooo.... he'll just be steve the vowel-repeating boomerang ;)

I been aaaaawaaaaaay--e-i-o-u-......what have I missed here?..sombody..is there a date/time of that post that I can refer to?...hate being awaaaay..laptop coming soon..yaaaaaaay..Luuuuucky:rolleyes:

Archived