Adventure Ocean Question

GeniRich

Sorry if this has been addressed previously but I could not locate it. In reading the Aguanauts Compass for the first night it appears that the registration process takes place from 5:45pm until 7:00pm. There is a statement that says "parents are asked to remain with their children throughout this session". My question is this, if you are scheduled for early seating do you then have to miss dining in the dining room on the first night in order to register your child? Thanks for your help.

I just disembarked from a RCCL cruise with an Aquanaut (she loved it!), and for us registration started at 8:00 p.m. Maybe they have changed the times since that Compass was created.

AO is open for tours on embarkation day. I would go there before registration begins and ask them about it. If it is from 5:45 to 7:00 ask if you can either preregister or register the first time you bring your child to AO. They didn't "do" anything crucial during registration - it was basically an open house/free play for most of the time for the kids and the parents filled out the form. They did hold a mini raffle and participated in a science experiment (they made gummy candy) which the kids enjoyed, but nothing that you HAVE to be there for.

Unless they've changed since the last time I cruised with my son, you only need to go sometime during that registration period to sign your kid(s) up. I think the idea they're trying to convey is that this is not a time for you to drop you kids off to play, but I don't think you'll need to be there the entire time. (Plus, if you miss that first day registration, there will be another chance, but it's good to get them signed up at the start.)

I have a compass from 2 weeks ago and it says Registration from 7pm - 9pm.

I can assure you that if it IS during dinner, you will have lots of time to register. The registration only takes 5 minutes MAX. Then for the next 2 days, they have a table out in front of the clubs to register the kids.

It's just a chance to see the club and leave. You don't need to stay there for 2 hours.

Thanks for the responses. Seemed rather odd to me that it would be during dinner.

I am not willing to bet money on this or anything but *maybe* they have two different times, 2 different Day 1 compasses...one for Main Seating and one for Late Seating. The cabin attendant is the one who puts the compasses in the room and she would know which seating you were.

I am not willing to bet money on this or anything but *maybe* they have two different times, 2 different Day 1 compasses...one for Main Seating and one for Late Seating. The cabin attendant is the one who puts the compasses in the room and she would know which seating you were.

After thinking about it I thought this might be the case. Two more days but who is counting!

Archived