Barbarians Breach Walls...Jeans are OK

SHINEMAN

Evidently you are now permitted to wear jeans and shorts in dining rooms in the evening.

Recently observed not just shorts but the kind popular in high schools that are very wide and almost reach the ankles. Baseball caps are OK too, even if you like to wear one backwards.

Are there any barriers left?

not just shorts but the kind popular in high schools that are very wide and almost reach the ankles.

I guess if they reach the ankle, they are no longer "shorts":D

We had those in high school, too, back then we called them gaucho skirts, but only girls wore them. :p

Yes, it appears so, in your mind.:(

I'll just continue dressing like I always have and not worry about what others wear. :D

-Monte

Me too:)

And, as long as the "barbarians" are not rude to the staff...who cares what they wear?

The only thing that upsets me on a cruise is (are) rude passengers:eek:

Oops! Off topic.

Evidently you are now permitted to wear jeans and shorts in dining rooms in the evening.

Recently observed not just shorts but the kind popular in high schools that are very wide and almost reach the ankles. Baseball caps are OK too, even if you like to wear one backwards.

all the restaurants have signs on the front counters asking that there be NO SHORTS, NO TANK TOPS(and something else which slips my mind) after 5pm in the dining room.

Just came off a twelve day cruise from Athens to Istanbul. Saw no one who wore shorts in the main dining room or jeans ever. Same would go for the pay extra restaurants. The buffet at night more casual. However if you are not eating with the same group each night it would be easier to pack. No one will remeber that you wore the same outfit more than once. The jeans or shorts do not fit in at night with the ambience of most dining rooms.

Honestly, I don't remember a thing anyone wore on the cruise I just got off of. Who cares?

Me too. Except for that guy in the bright yellow suit with matching hat and shoes. (Absolutely true.) I remember him.

I would never wear shorts to dinner, but maybe it's because my legs are ugly. I would consider those shorts that go to the ankle, though. :o

Any dress, it's all good! Memories of your cruise will not be based on how others dress, even if you take the time and effort to notice.:)

This is not true. No matter how hard I trey I just can't get that image of the huge guy with the hammer loop dungarees on the Crown last year out of my mind. The level of dress on that cruise was the worst I have seen ever and I thought the folks in Philadelphia had some class.

Any dress, it's all good! Memories of your cruise will not be based on how others dress, even if you take the time and effort to notice.:)

Except for the perpetually drunk, 300-pound woman on my last cruise who kept giving everyone a huge crack show when her badly fitting low riders kept slipping down. But she didn't impair our enjoyment of the cruise; she kept us laughing.

Except for the perpetually drunk, 300-pound woman on my last cruise who kept giving everyone a huge crack show when her badly fitting low riders kept slipping down. But she didn't impair our enjoyment of the cruise; she kept us laughing.

I stand corrected! There are some things that no matter what add value to everyone's cruise. Even if it is an unexpected comedy show.:D

Archived