Diamond Princess A744/746

pkdof

Please advise--are these good cabins? Do they have larger balconies/smaller living area than other BC cabins? Is there noise from the Terrace Pool? Our other options would be A718 and 722. We've never been on a grand class ship before.

I don't know about these specific cabins, but all balcony cabins regardless of location, unless they are handicapped cabins, are the same size. The balconies can very in size but the cabins don't. Someone else will need to address the balcony size for these. You can also call Princess directly and ask them the demensions for these specific cabins.

• 6 years later...

after looking at deck plans for Aloha deck I could not figure out where the door to get to the pool is

do you have to walk down the center of the inside cabins

I only saw a door to the port and starrboard sides can you get to pool from there

You called? LOL

We had A746 on the Sapphire. The balcony is bigger than a normal balcony. It's wider at the left side then the right. I don't think you are allowed to swipe a lounger now like I did back then LOL. The bottom picture is from the Caribbean Princess, but it's the same layout as the Grand class ships as far as the Terrace Pool is concerned (and the other Caribbean class ships with Riviera decks). The door to the pool is right outside the cabin door. The only time there would have been noise in our cabin from above was during the deck party and people were dancing on the roof of the cabin, but we were out at the party so it was fine. You did hear that door slam every so often, but it didn`t seem like there were a lot of people using that hallway to get to the pool as most seemed to come aft from Horizon Court to get there. I wish I had taken a pic in the hallway for how the cabin doors and pool doors were laid out, but I guess I wasn't thinking of that then.

A746view.jpg

cruise364.jpg

• 1 month later...
You called? LOL

We had A746 on the Sapphire. The balcony is bigger than a normal balcony. It's wider at the left side then the right. I don't think you are allowed to swipe a lounger now like I did back then LOL. The bottom picture is from the Caribbean Princess, but it's the same layout as the Grand class ships as far as the Terrace Pool is concerned (and the other Caribbean class ships with Riviera decks). The door to the pool is right outside the cabin door. The only time there would have been noise in our cabin from above was during the deck party and people were dancing on the roof of the cabin, but we were out at the party so it was fine. You did hear that door slam every so often, but it didn`t seem like there were a lot of people using that hallway to get to the pool as most seemed to come aft from Horizon Court to get there. I wish I had taken a pic in the hallway for how the cabin doors and pool doors were laid out, but I guess I wasn't thinking of that then.

A746view.jpg

cruise364.jpg

Is that door in the picture of the pool deck right outside of A746? That would be great. We have this cabin for 35 nights Singapore to Vancouver and our friends have A744 so we can open the balcony.

Does any one have any more pictures?

Is that door in the picture of the pool deck right outside of A746? That would be great. We have this cabin for 35 nights Singapore to Vancouver and our friends have A744 so we can open the balcony.

Does any one have any more pictures?

You'll love it. Yes, the door is right by your cabin. The best part of these aft cabins is that you can use the balcony anytime. They are fully covered and you don't get all the wind on the aft. We were in A746 and did the UBD on our way to Hawaii! There was even a full moon! There is no way it could have been any better!! We got a little bit of noise in the mornings when they put out the chairs, but it wasn't bad. I've read where some people hear the door to the pool slamming, but I never heard it that I can recall.

• 2 years later...
So given your preference is A746, would A751 be the same cabin but on the other side of the ship?

Has anyone stayed in this cabin and what is it like?

Cheers

We have stayed in A746 on the Sapphire and loved the location. At that time it was a Cat BC cabin and a good price also. Now the Aloha beck balconies on the Diamond and Sapphire are Cat B4 and somewhat more expensive. A746 and A751 are identical cabins. As others have posted, they have bigger balconies than A744 and A749. There is a potential for door slamming noise but we had no issue as the door closer was properly adjusted.

• 9 months later...

We're booked on the Diamond Princess 17 day Grand Japan for next summer. Right now we're booked in A 746 aft but the A 744 is also available. They weren't available when we first booked but became available today so we rebooked it. On the diagram the balcony on A 746 is bigger but if you look at photos of the aft the A 744 looks bigger. Anyone out there know which is bigger?:confused: