Who's been to BATT ROCK BEACH???

King2Be

:p Hello everyone! As some of you may recall, I am being wed in Barbados this September. My wedding coordinator suggested being wed on Batt Beach (Batt's Rock Beach, you get what i'm saying;) ). She sent me some photos of an earlier wedding that she coordinated of a couple who wed there and the photos were gorgeous. So, anyone have any other opinions on this beach? For example, is the sand quality like baby-powder :D ? Coming from Buffalo the closest thing to baby-powder-like sand I can get is in FLORIDA! My coordinator says this beach would be good because it's not as crowded as other beaches in the area. We will be wed there around 9:30am or so. Any photos you may have of this beach or any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!! Kim

ok.. couple of questions..

1. Who is the wedding coordinator??

2. do you have to picture on line of the beach in question.

3. did she/he tell you the sand was like baby powder??

There is a reason for asking.. I've never seen Batts Rock Beach as a place to get married. Family Picnics.. Nice Swimming along certain parts of the beach, but not weddings. I've even assisted with a group of 300 on the far end (what used to be called Paradise Beach). I couldn't say the sand is baby powder quality at all. (ok, having said that check out this website http://www.barbados.org/bcbattsrock.htm as this might give you an idea)

This next webiste is the Paradise Beach End. http://www.barbados.org/bcparadise.htm

I could say that at 930am, depending on the day of the week, you may be the only ones there, but....

and not that I want to put a jinx on anything,, but September can be wet and rainy.. so you may want to find someplace with a beach, but also a shelter as well. or at least make sure there is a tent.

http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/share/p=48311175465794662/l=247097003/g=36588275/cobrandOid=1007/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Hi* The website of the pics of Batt's Beach is above. I hope the link works!!! My wedding coordinator is Wendy Harp from Island Weddings Barbados. We are having our reception (only 12 of us) at the Royal Pavilion Fairmont after the beach ceremony. The Fairmont informed Wendy that the beach located next to them would be too crowded with hotel guests to have the ceremony there so we had to look for a less crowded beach sort of in the vicinity. Do you have any suggestions? Should we change it to the Paradise Beach which is also close by? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

well for whatever reason, I cannot pull up the pictures. anyway..

Let me just say, I know Wendy and you are in good hands. My only concern is that Batts Rock is not near Royal Pavillion in the true sense of the word. May 20min drive

She may have chosen that beach as it is likely to be the least crowded on the West Coast and would be a good spot for your wedding.

:D Thank you sunnie! I am glad you said I am in good hands with Wendy;) I have spoken to a few other brides being wed in Barbados & I have tried to convince them to use her as their coordinator since I have been having such a great experience with her services but for some reason they are using other planners :confused: Hopefully they are being treated as well as I am!!!! As for the 20 min commute to the reception from the beach, we are paying good $ for 2 limos so we may as well be taking full advantage of them, right :) The ride shouldn't be a problem, infact, it will be nice to be carted around in style for that amount of time! If you think of any other beaches that might be an option I'd love to hear your thoughts so I can ask Wendy about it. I know she is open to suggestions too. Love Ya Sunnie!

:p My wedding coordinator suggested being wed on Batt Beach (Batt's Rock Beach, you get what i'm saying;) ).

Dear King2Be, We got married at Batt's Rock in April, 2006 with the help of our beautiful Wendy! :) The place is really perfect, rather quite, you will get very nice pictures (ours are at sunshine - perfect!). But the main point is Wendy! You are really in good hands! She is doing everything in such a proper & friendly way you will be satisfied, i am sure.

We spent totally 12 hours to get there as we are from Russia and we would do it again with pleasure. My congratulations - very good choice. If you want me i can send you a couple of photos of the place from our wedding.;)

Anastassia, THANK YOU for your reassuring comments about Wendy. I have had NO COMPLAINTS about her and just LOVE HER so much for how she is handling my wedding. Like I mentioned, I have tried to tell other Barbados brides to go with her but only 1 has followed my advice!!!! YES, YES, YES, I would LOVE to see photos of the wedding on Batt's! My email address is kmastyka@courts.state.ny.us or you can post them on here, whichever is easiest. I have been in touch with Wendy since the beginning of the year so I am sure that one of the weddings she mentioned to me within that time frame was YOURS! Can't wait to see the pics!!! Kim:D

Archived