Non-Dinner Meals

FattyGwynn

<P>OK, I've never been on a cruise before and this website has been a HUGE help.  One thing that I am still completely uncertain of is something that I am sure seems rather simple to everyone else: I understand the concept for rotational dining for dinner and that sounds terrific.  But what, where and when do you eat all your other meals?  And if you wanted to ever order room service, is it good, fast and included?  Thanks for the wisdom.</P>

<P>OK, I've never been on a cruise before and this website has been a HUGE help.  One thing that I am still completely uncertain of is something that I am sure seems rather simple to everyone else: I understand the concept for rotational dining for dinner and that sounds terrific.  But what, where and when do you eat all your other meals?  And if you wanted to ever order room service, is it good, fast and included?  Thanks for the wisdom.</P>

You can eat all of your meals in the dining room if you want to. Or you can go to the buffet which is more causal and takes less time. There is a pizza place and a place to get burgers, chicken tenders, tacos that sort of thing. I have only ordered breakfast from room service. The room service menu is pretty limited but, the food that we ordered was fine. It is costomary to tip the room service attendant when they bring the food. Did I miss any food options all? Hope that helps. Cruising is wonderful. I went on my first cruise in 2004 and have been hooked ever since.

Mary

Thanks so much for the insight. My wife, twin 4 year old daughters and I are really excited about going on the "Mickey Boat" as my girls call it, but we leave on 6/14/07 and since I know NOTHING about cruises (and I mean NOTHING), I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed and under prepared.

You will have 3 dinning rooms which you will rotate at dinner. If you are on a 4 night you will eat at the first one twice. Fro breakfast and lunch one of the dinning rooms is open check your navigator. Plus you dinning room watier should tell you this too each night. We like the buffett for breakfast and lunch lots of options and for the kids there is even a special tray for them. Plus for there is a pizza counter and chicken fingers, tacos french fries that are all walk up counters. Plus there is a place to get salads and sandwhiches too. Don't forget the ice cream too. Castaway Cay there will be lunch served there witl hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken.

Lexi

As you may have noticed from the other posts, there is plenty of food on the Disney Cruises! If you are hungry it will be entirely your own choice!:)

When we sailed with our 4 YO DD room service was wonderful. It was a good choice for a late afternoon snack or early dinner before she went off to the kids club. Room service is also the only place you can get potato chips; they come with the sandwiches. (I was hooked on the tuna sandwiches and chips; I was getting tired of fries!) They were also very nice about bringing a couple of cartons of milk when we needed them.

The burgers, dogs and pizza by the pool are also very tasty. My DD liked being able to go order for herself! And you don't have to worry about them not having enough money, etc. like you would in a regular setting. On occasion I did have to wait for my preferred pizza, but it was never more than a couple of minutes and the cast members were always happy to chat.

You can have breakfast in your room, but I would suggest the buffet. It has a myriad of choices and you get a beautiful ocean view while eating. Room service is good if you want to get going before the rest of the family and have a little something to eat while they are sleeping or getting ready. And for some kids it is nice to have something right there for them to eat when they wake up.

Happy Sails!

Oh and the best thing we found this last trip were the late night snacks from 11-12pm by the Promenade lounge and Beat street. Little sandwiches, cheese and crackers, fruit, bite size desserts, and two different hot appetizers every night. The stuffed jalapenos were the best I have ever tasted!

In March, they had a late night buffet one night, I think the night of the Pirate Party, and a dessert buffet the next night. We were too full from our 2nd dinner seating to try either one, but they looked amazing! Plenty of food whenever you need it! Have a "magical" trip.

Do they still have a midnight gala buffet/display?

We just did the 4 night in May. The only late night buffet is the pirate one after the big pirate party and fireworks. It has some food and lots of desserts. We only tried the desserts because we were still full from the wonderful pirate night meal. We never went hungry on that cruise. We tried both the buffet and the sit down breakfasts, the buffet and sit down lunches, and all 3 restaurants plus Palo's for dinner and brunch. If you can, make Palo's reservations. For just $10 more a person, you'll see how the rich dine. Very good food and amazing service. The souffle is worth stuffing yourself for. We're going on a Carnival cruise in July and I'm hoping to be able to eat as well on that.

There's plenty of food, all around. And you have a fridge in your room. Take snacks and milk from the buffets, and put them in your fridge, for the twins. Plenty of snacks throughout the day. You'll be fine, the ship is YOURS! Metrowon

Archived