3rd person in cabin

mobyrichard

Can 3 people easily share one inside cabin on the QM2 or QV? Last summer, my mother, husband, daughter (age 19) and I sailed transatlantic on the QM2 and had 2 balcony cabins so we have no idea what the inside cabins are like or how they are configured for a third person. We never used the balcony last year so we are considering an inside cabin this time. My mother will not be traveling with us so we are trying to decide what type of cabin to book for three people.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

It's not horrible, the third bed folds out of the ceiling or wall I think and you have to be somewhat nimble to climb up in it and watch your head. My only suggestion is bring a clock as you start to lose track of time without a wondow.

I've had plenty of inside cabins over the years. Also one experience with a balcony and plenty of rooms with windows/port holes.

When I know I will have an inside room I bring along a string of mini Christmas lights. I plug them in and use them for a night light. I also tell the room steward so not to cause him a shock the first time he sees them plugged in.

When I have more time than money, I book an inside room. Works for me.

Archived