Advice for long flights with fibromyalgia

I have fibro and have been back and forth to Europe without any problem and flare ups.Just came back 10 days ago from a 22 night Europe cruise. If you could take something to help you sleep on the long flight over this will help you to be rested. I always go a day or two ahead of time to rest. Pace yourself in Europe and don't overdo. Take some long tours if you want and than a short one(4-5hrs) or on your own (5 hrs) to break up the constant sightseeing.Use the sauna/hydro pool to relax your muscles.You will do fine and don't worry about the fibro.Just enjoy yourself.

dilacruiser,

I too have Fibro for a long time and love to travel. As cruisingdiva said, if you can take something to enable you to sleep on the plane it will be beneficial.

When you are not sleeping get up and walk around and find a quiet place and do some stretching exercises. Try to keep the dreaded spasms from taking over.

The best thing that I have found for FM is water exercise. I go to classes all year. When travelling I use the pool when I can. This really helps me. I hope that it will help you.

Fran

Archived