Acqua Spa-Has anyone been there?

lady in tx

Hello! I wanted to know if anyone has been to this place? It's in Cozumel and they offer several treatments that I'm interested in doing before I get married at Playa Uvas to help me relax. :D

If anyone has heard/been to this place could you you give me your opinion on it.

Here is a link to their website, but I would like to do some research on it before I book w/them. It looks like a nice place....

www.acquaspa.com.mx

Hi there, I was just at Acqua Spa last week…. And spent the 2 most relaxing hours I have had in a looooong time getting a body wrap, a full body massage and facial. My boyfriend found the place. We were cruising for my birthday so he did a little investigating on-line and found Acqua Spa. He booked me this package deal on-line and then surprised me with it when we got there. What a guy. :)

The spa was close to the pier and right on the waterfront. My boyfriend took me in and we met Elisabeth who provided all 3 of my spa treatments and was great. (meanwhile my boyfriend was off for some scuba diving). I must admit I was a little wary at first but the decor was nice, the place smelled wonderful- like mint and everything was clean and orderly and so comforting! I could tell this was a really nice place and I just trusted them right away.

The bed I laid on in the private room was warmed and exuding the perfect amount of relaxing heat! Elizabeth explained the procedure to me then she covered my eyes with a sort of heavy blindfold so all I could do was just lay back and really relax. Nice.:p First was the body wrap and she rubbed an exfoliate cream all over my body followed by some sort of gel. This was like a massage in itself. Then she wiped it off and rubbed a cream made from flowers and plants all over and wrapped me up in plastic and I just sort of cooked in a perfectly warm little oven heated up by the bed. While I “cooked” Elizabeth rubbed my head and temples, which was heavenly.:cool: I couldn’t believe how quiet and gentle Elisabeth was throughout the whole thing. She was really a professional.

So after the wrap I had a shower and a clean towel, robe and slippers were provided. My skin was softer than it has ever been. Then I got back on the bed for the full body massage. Again, it was just heavenly. I’m not sure how long all this lasted since I was in bliss and barely conscious but I would say the wrap took about 30 min and the massage at least an hour. After the massage, Elizabeth got right to work on the facial. This process involved several different mixtures of divine smelling creams– like fruit or aloe or mint or flowers. I was really surprised to see that the products they used were top of the line. I really wasn’t expecting that from a spa in Mexico but just goes to show you never know.

When it was all over I didn’t want to get up. Trust me. I was so relaxed I was almost in a trance. I looked at my face in the mirror and it was glowing, really! :D I can’t recommend this enough. After several days cruising with all the people, the ports of call, and all the activitieswe took part in trying to experience something new…. It was great to just let go and experience me. I can’t thank my boyfriend enough for setting this up. He loved his scuba experience but I would have been so bored waiting for him so this was perfect. We had a great time on the cruise and I wouldn’t even have known what I was missing at the spa if I hadn’t experienced it... But I did! And it was just the perfect cherry on top of a great vacation (sort of a vacation from the vacation) … I will definitely go back!

What were the prices like (there are no prices on their website)??

I am looking for a spa in Cozumel, and am hoping not to pay as much as the steep ship prices.

If you go to their website:http://www.acquaspa.com.mx/

Click which language you perfer then click on reservations. If you look at to the right lower screen you will see a PDF sign & below it it says price list download. Their prices seem reasonable and a lot more cheaper than the ship's prices.

Thank you cruisin & JouJou for posting. I may just go ahead and make reservations w/them. :D

What were the prices like (there are no prices on their website)??

I am looking for a spa in Cozumel, and am hoping not to pay as much as the steep ship prices.

Sorry for not getting the info out sooner but I squeezed my boyfriend for the information.....and he paid $180.00 for the package - body wrap, facial and 1 hour full body massage.

Archived