Priceline: When to bid?

Solida123

Cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale on Nov. 11 . . . when should I start bidding for all these wonderful hotel rates I hear about near the pier? I'm assuming now is too early? Maybe 3 months out? Thanks in advance!

I'd book myself a backup reservation now that I can hold onto in case I can't get a room through Priceline and bid on Priceline a month or two before the cruise.

If you get what you want with Priceline, cancel the backup reservation.

Sound advice. Book something now that you are o.k. with but can cancel without any penalty. Wait till at least 2 months before. Read all the winning and refused posts on Biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com (which also includes hotwire). If you do get something on priceline or hotwire make sure you post on those sites to help others with their bids.

I have been using both Hotwire and Priceline regularly and have only had one poor experience (nothing serious but could have booked the same hotel for the same price) and all the other times it has ranged from good to great.

Best Wishes,

Archived