Royal Review Part2

seabourndt

thursday 10th may.

arrived in istanbul, no excursions booked so took the shuttle bus to the grand bazzar as not been there before. no real hassle only asked if they coulds help you. got a bracelet,water pipe and a picture there. confusion coming back waited in the sign for the bus but presumed that the bus station was where it was going from but i was wrong. came back told to waljk down the road to find another stop. tried starbucks on the way but did not have enough turkish money,asked rtop use euros but afteer i got out my coins no we don't take them and notes get change in turkish which i don't want!! so i walked out!! they were going to conficate my pipe as they thought i was going to use it onboard ship!! lunch wa clam chowder(lovely),coq au vin very good. sort of a sailaway but the group finished before we leave everytime! our horn was very loud!had dinner in steakhouse, fillet mignon lovely,show was the magician surprisingly good.

friday 11th may.

arrived in cannakkale pronounced chanakale, did the gallipoli trip. saw the tojan horse usede in the film troy on the beach. got the ferry loaded with schoolchildren for 30 mmins trip. then back on the bus to lots of different memorials, very moving. tiring too as not stop was made to have lunch, not even a mention to get something. returned to the ship at 4pm. no hot food in the buffet, pizza closed so all i had for lunch was burger and chips, not my idea of a lunch on a cruiseship!! ship left 1640hrs, dinner in dining room was scollops,spinach soup,duck which was a bit hard. the show was the violinist,saxothinst SAMANTHA JAY who was very good.

thats it for today

dave

Archived