Athens to Port

Could someone please advise me on the best way to get from Athens to the port? Is a taxi feasible or reasonable? We are staying at the Marriott, and I don't believe they offer transfers. Thanks for any help.

Susan

If your hotel is the Ledra Mariott, it is not very far from port. On a normal day, it is about a 20 minutes maximum car ride.

At what time do you have to be in port?

I think that the taxi is the best way to go. The bus will take twice the time and will leave you far from the cruise terminal.

It's easy to get a taxi at the hotel to the port. You could take the subway but it would be a real pain with your luggage. Last October it cost about 40 Euros.

Great, thank you! By the way, is that also the best way to get from the airport to our hotel? We arrive in Athens on Tuesday around noon, then we need to be at the port on Wednesday by 3:00.

If either of you have spent some time in Athens, is there a restaurant you would recommend for Tuesday evening?

Susan

I just took a taxi form the airport to the Hilton and it was 30 euro for the taxi.

From the ferry terminal, not far from the cruiseship pier to the Hilton was 10 euro and the Hilton is further than the Marriott.

The Hilton has a bar and a restaurant on the top floor that have a wonderful view of the Acropolis, lit up at night. Pricey but a once in a lifetime experience.

Have a wonderful trip!!

If either of you have spent some time in Athens, is there a restaurant you would recommend for Tuesday evening?

Well walk in the Plaka area and go to places where is no "advertiser" trying to pull you in their restaurants.

There are small restaurants in the basements. You think: very poor, no service, but the best food and the best prices...

Do not think that someone will come and take away the used plates when you are finished... no way... just shout to get the waiter to pay...

It's Greek "hospitality" but it's an once-in-a-lifetime-experience you should make. You will not regret because of the great food.

If you order in such places: do not expect that you a plate dedicated to one person: all plates are set in the center. Side dishes are seperate.

Do not order the same meal - so you can vary like in a Chinese restaurant.

We liked it. But cannot tell you the name of the restaurant anymore.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Let your hotel arrange the taxi. Otherwise pre book:

tel.: (+30) 210-5239524, 5221123, 5227986, 5242589

e-mail: sataxi@freemail.gr

Great, thank you! By the way, is that also the best way to get from the airport to our hotel? We arrive in Athens on Tuesday around noon, then we need to be at the port on Wednesday by 3:00.

Susan

If you want to have a nice meal in Athens go to Daphnes right outside the Plaka area..af ew of us have reccommended it on this board before..I would go back in a heartbeat.It is in a house like setting...nothing flashy on the outside,but anyone can direct you.Food and setting are wonderful..call the day before for reservations.

If you don't want to use a taxi from your hotel to get to the port email the address i am linking for you and make a reservation...we used the service from airport to hotel,a day spent sightseeing and then later on to the port.Nice way to go and not that much more than a regular taxi.

info@*****

Archived