Alaska Cruise Companion

chrob

I have just telephoned Princess to order a copy of this book and they said they cannot send it to me because I don't live in America or Canada.

Has anyone else from England come across this problem and how did you get it round it?

We are booked on the Coral Princess next August 2005 and I wanted the book for a Christmas present for my husband.

Does anyone have any solutions to my problem?

Thanks

Chrob

The Island Princess was selling these onboard last week so if you have to, you can probably get one on ship. The book is OK but the map that comes with it is excellent! The ship broadcasted our location 24 hours a day so I could follow our progress on the map. I knew exactly when we were moving into an Orca zone and we were on the balcony ready for it -- what a site!

Thanks for the replies. I know you can obtain the book onboard but I was hoping to obtain a copy for a Christmas Present for my husband.

Peg.....any help you can give would be really appreciated.

Hi, I'm still working on tracking down my copy. We are sailing to Alaska in Sept. (Brr...) Here is the contact information I found for the author. I can also try to buy one on board when we go and send it to you if you don't find it other ways. Let me know.

http://www.alaskacruise.com

Click on the books and maps section.

Peg

I had the very same problem & posted a similar query on this board - can't see why we cannot buy from UK but I got no-where with Princess

In the end I waited til wewere on ship, although some vvv kind posters offered to buy & post to me but time was against us

Barbara

Peg

Thank you very much for the kind offer. I don't see any other way I'm going to be able to obtain the book prior to sailing.

I would really appreciate it if you could do this for me. If you do manage to purchase a copy for me could you let me know on the following e-mail address and I will arrange to send payment and postage to you.

My e-mail address is bertwebb3@hotmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you

Chrob

Archived