Do's and Don'ts for your CC Onboard Meet and Greets

hi,

i am new to this cruise critic web site. i find it very informative with lots of goodies pertaining to my upcoming cruises. our first is ncl dawn 6/16/07 nyc. i reluctantly signed in at the roll cal but after reading all their utter nonsense none of which pertains to the cruise i really dont think i will hook up. my next cruise is princess crown nyc 09/06/07. agsain a bunch o crap nothing realting to the cruise. really feel its not for me. but i do find helpful tips on cruise critic.

rhonda:)

Thanks for letting all of us on the Crown 9-6 roll call know how you really feel.

On our Panama Trip we were named the Panamanics. We had ball caps and visors imprinted with the names. For the meeting those who wanted to exchange gifts did so with something that was unique from their own area.

RCL cooperates with mix and mingles. They set them up and do juices and hourves (sp). They set the time as well. When you get to you cabin there is an invitation waiting with time and place.

On the Tahitian next week we are meeting on the second night during the coctail hour. m We have set it up on our roll call.

Happy crusing

hi,

i am new to this cruise critic web site. i find it very informative with lots of goodies pertaining to my upcoming cruises. our first is ncl dawn 6/16/07 nyc. i reluctantly signed in at the roll cal but after reading all their utter nonsense none of which pertains to the cruise i really dont think i will hook up. my next cruise is princess crown nyc 09/06/07. agsain a bunch o crap nothing realting to the cruise. really feel its not for me. but i do find helpful tips on cruise critic.

rhonda:)

Out of curiosity, I read some of both Roll Calls. There was not anything different written on either one than has been written on all Roll Calls I've been on. There's no way you can only talk about cruising the whole time. The talk not related to cruising is how you get to know each other.

Gail

Out of curiosity, I read some of both Roll Calls. There was not anything different written on either one than has been written on all Roll Calls I've been on. There's no way you can only talk about cruising the whole time. The talk not related to cruising is how you get to know each other.

Gail, well said. Wether some of us involve ourselves with Meet & Mingle or just meet people on our Cruise in passing, it is the fact we meet new friends, many times lasting ones that makes it enjoyable.

Gail, well said. Wether some of us involve ourselves with Meet & Mingle or just meet people on our Cruise in passing, it is the fact we meet new friends, many times lasting ones that makes it enjoyable.

Thank you!

Gail

Amen and Amen!

We have a role call that is still going strong after two years and over one year since we cruised together. I see one member three or four times a year as I travel. We share other information about travel and our lives. Through CC, I have met four other families who live in my subdivision. I have read on CC people writing that they met neighbors on cruises and on the boards that they did not know and became good friends.

Thanks for letting all of us on the Crown 9-6 roll call know how you really feel.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess getting to know others that are on your cruise is just a "bunch o Crap. " If you want just info, I would suggest you check the main boards only. There will probaly be less "crap" there.

Marie

We have been to 2 CC Meet and Greets. The first was arranged by Bluey258 (JoAnn). We met after Muster on embarkation day. We had a good turnout. Several of us hung out occasionally during the week. We are still in contact with a few of the couples.

I planned our second Meet and Greet. The meeting was arranged on the first sea day at Skywalker's at 11am. We had a HUGE turnout, with over 60 people in attendance. We did a gift exchange (one of the other roll call members planned), sort of white elephant exchange for those that wanted to participate. We put a $10 limit on cost and asked that the gift be something from where you live. We had so much fun with that. We had name tags (another roll call member took care of that). Again, we are in contact with many of the great friends we met because of the roll call. One of the roll call members researched excursions and posted offering for the group. Several of us took advantage of the wonderful port excursions that were at a fraction of the cost of the ship excursions.

Planning the Meet and Greet was very easy. I contacted the PCL rep and received confirmation for place, time and date of the meet. A couple of the roll call members offered their help with different things and we put a wonderful meeting together.

Several of the roll call members are cruising together again next yr.

We waited a day to let everyone settle in before we had our meet and greet get-together. Princess had a time slot for us up at Skywalker's Lounge at 11 AM---not exactly the cocktail hour! :p But, it worked.

My first CC meeting was on the Star in '02. Fortunately, one of our group was in the Grand Suite. That's where we had our meeting in the late afternoon before early seating. She had wine for all of us, too. I enjoyed being able to see that stateroom!! My second CC meeting was on the Sun and we all met in late morning at the outside bar overlooking the main pool. Can't remember the name. But you could stand up there on the deck and overlook the pool area.

Of my three Princess cruises, I would have to say that I made contact with some of our group at different times during the cruise on the first two (Star and Sun vs. the Golden.) Sometimes it was on the ship itself, or even in port. On the Golden I probably talked with one couple more than anyone---the gal who was the leader of our roll call group--Dana and her hubby. Both very nice folks. Oh, and her parents! Equally as friendly!

After sailing on the Star in '02, a couple I met happened to be in our area one time, so their daughter spent the night at our house. She and my daughter had become friends on the cruise. And, I e-mail regularly with someone I met on the Sun in '03.

We just got off a transatlantic cruise on the Grand and want to suggest a couple of ways to make your CC onboard meetings more fun. Anyone else got any suggestions?

1) Plan your first meeting during the coctkail hour - our's was right after muster. A lot of us were tired, hungry etc. but manged to show up and were glad we did. Cocktails are great icebreakers, whether your choice is a margarita or bottle of Evian. If you're a large group, Skywalkers is a great place to meet - arrange for the bar to be open.

2) Someone should take charge and have everyone step forward and introduce themselves.

3) Suggest a daily meeting for all who care to extend the socializing. In our case, we set it at 5pm at one of the pool bars outside the Horizon Court. Usually we gravitated inside because it was too windy or noisy outside - and the nibblies were easier to reach.

4) Find out who does the Patter and have them list even your daily get-togethers but THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:

Do NOT let them use "Cruise Critic" in the Patter. All it does is bring people to the meetings who think we're just there to criticize the cruise. One passenger actually brought a written list of his complaints! Use only your group name and add private meeting. For instance, we were the Ramblin' Romers (we all were looking forward to La Rambla in Barcelona and we ended up in Rome). Unfortunately they kept printing "Cruise Critic Ramblin' Romers Private Meeting" so we kept getting outsiders, even though it said "private." All people see is Cruise Critic and they don't understand.

Hi there! We just got off the wonderful Caribbean Princess - our roll call met before the lifeboat drill at Outriggers and it was perfect! One of the gals brought leis for everyone - it worked great - as you passed someone a few hours later instead of saying...is that so and so??.... you knew by the Lei!

We had such an awesome group - we met late evenings and sometimes in the afternoon. Its so great to get on board and already have friends!

Rhonda...I think I wouldnt show up for the meet n greet. Sorry you feel that way as I love the roll call board and love to chat with fellow members about life, cruising, or whatever.

Does anyone know who to contact on the Crown for the meet n greet. Ive been researching but havent seen anything yet. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Just returned from the Caribbean Princess and LOVED it. We had a Cruise Critic roll call "sailaway" at 3 pm at Outriggers on Day 1. Everyone then decided to meet daily (for those who wanted to) at 3 pm same place.. We did have it posted in the patter one day as well (we chgd the meeting place). It was a great way to catch up to new friends and decide if you wanted to do other stuff together. We had about 10 couples and I would guess that about 4-5 of the couples will probably continue to have contact in the future. I feel like we met wonderful people that I want to stay in touch with. We are already talking about planning another cruise and getting together again...

Just returned from the Tahitian Princess--we had a very small roll call--6 or 7 couples--hardly anyone went to the first M&G then 3 couples took a private excursion together and realized that the 3 couples were with CC-next we had a private excursion for 12--all were CC members----we had a couple of people join with us--not CC folks--we wound up having a couple of sailaway parties in our stateroom--the CD hosted out second event--about 20 of us--champagne and lots of appetizers

It's funny, none of this was planned--and worked out beautifully--some factions of the group were together most every day.

Nancy:D

Archived