bahia mar beach resort location airport/cruise port ?

we had origionally booked fort lauderdale grande but due to renovations and limited services at the hotel we have been offered same rate at bahia mar beach resort. is it around the same area close to airport and cruise port? also resturaunts etc...within walking distance from hotel?

it is not near any restaurants. I stayed there in Dec and much prefer the 17 th St hotels for convenience to food, stores, etc. also the cab to the hotel was a pain as it had to go over the bridge which was blocked for a parade, so I had to wait and the embassy suites and take a 2nd cab later that evening. the only advantage is if you want to be near the beach (its across the street) there is a shuttle that runs down the street and goes to publix. I wrote a review in my carnival liberty cruise last dec and also on tripadvisor.

we had origionally booked fort lauderdale grande but due to renovations and limited services at the hotel we have been offered same rate at bahia mar beach resort. is it around the same area close to airport and cruise port? also resturaunts etc...within walking distance from hotel?

It's owned by the same investment group that owns the Grande and the Hyatt. It won't be around much longer, the land is too valuable for what's sitting on it. It's about five minutes further from the airport and cruisport then the Grande. Nothing much to walkt to but you can hop on the 50 cent Sun Trolley for access to plenty of shops and restaurants. ;)

http://www.suntrolley.com/bus_route-maps/convention.html

Archived