12:30 Academia tickets

Hi experieinced cruisers!

I have 12:30 tickets to see David!

My go to list in FLorence is David, the Duomo (which doesn't open til 1:30--Sun), the Campinelle and shopping (Point. Vecchio) and eating. My DH and DKs want to see Pisa. What do you think about going to Pisa first--climbing the tower, then Florence second by train?

We are in port 7 - 7.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hi experieinced cruisers!

I have 12:30 tickets to see David!

My go to list in FLorence is David' date=' the Duomo (which doesn't open til 1:30--Sun), the Campinelle and shopping (Point. Vecchio) and eating. My DH and DKs want to see Pisa. What do you think about going to Pisa first--climbing the tower, then Florence second by train?

We are in port 7 - 7.

Thanks in advance for your advice![/quote']

Have you found the train schedule for Pisa to Florence? We are doing this but hired a private driver. It is approx 1 hour by car from Pisa to Florence, but not sure about the train schedule.

If you dock in Livorno, you have to take the shuttle bus to Livorno, go to a Tobacconist shop oppisite where you get off to buy bus tickets to the Railway Station and train tickets to Pisa. The leaning Tower is not near the station so you then have to get either a bus ot Taxi there. The train to Pisa takes only 20 mins. You have to go to the ticket Office to buy tickets for the Tower etc and there is a screen telling you when the next available ascent is. However if you are there early in the morning you may not have to wait too long. You then would have to get back to the Railway Station and catch a train to Florence. I would not like to try both in a day by train. Our ship was late in docking so we only did Pisa without climbing the Tower. I think you would be better taking the ship's tour or hiring a Taxi if you want to see both.:)

If you dock in Livorno, you have to take the shuttle bus to Livorno, go to a Tobacconist shop oppisite where you get off to buy bus tickets to the Railway Station and train tickets to Pisa. The leaning Tower is not near the station so you then have to get either a bus ot Taxi there. The train to Pisa takes only 20 mins. You have to go to the ticket Office to buy tickets for the Tower etc and there is a screen telling you when the next available ascent is. However if you are there early in the morning you may not have to wait too long. You then would have to get back to the Railway Station and catch a train to Florence. I would not like to try both in a day by train. Our ship was late in docking so we only did Pisa without climbing the Tower. I think you would be better taking the ship's tour or hiring a Taxi if you want to see both.:)

Why was your ship late docking? How late?

Archived