Hotel suggestion in Vancouver

meandmyguy

Looking for a reasonably priced hotel room for the night before departure. Looked at Pan Pacific and Fairmont:eek::eek::eek:. Not really willing to spend that much. Anything close to the port but cheaper?? Prefer it be clean also:D. This is our first cruise. We will be flying in from the east coast the day before.

TIA for any suggestions.

Trish

You had to look at the two most expensive properties first. Do you know which dock you'll be boarding the ship from? Convention Centre would be perfect. Ballentine Pier, not as much. Both quite close to downtown and surrounding areas.

The three I would try are all fair priced hotels, all in the downtown core and are all apartment converted suites, meaning they have a seperate bedroom and usually a kitchenette. In no specific order, Century Plaza Hotel, incredible spa and great restaurant attached to it. Downside, right next to a hospital. Can be a bit noisy.Pacific Palisades, right on Robson St., Vancouver's answer to Rodeo Drive. Restaurants everywhere. Before the Pan Pacific and Waterfront were opened, this was the hotel that many stars and celebrities stayed at. Also quite loud some evenings. Lastly, Coast Plaza, Stanley Park. Right in the heart of the west end of Vancouver. Beautiful views, beach just moments away, great people watching.

These are all no more than 10 minutes from the ports. I wouldn't look at hotels in the surrounding area. Everything you need will be moments away at these hotels. There are many more, I just can't speak from first hand experience about them. I hope this helps in your decision.

The Fairmont is a wonderful hotel. I highly recommend it. Overlooks the cruise terminal. A little pricey but very nice. You could splurge, stay here, have a leisurely breakfast, catch a 3 minute cab to the terminal next morning. We stayed here when we did Alaska several years ago.

A block or so up the street is the Days Inn. Very nice hotel.

http://www.rezvia.com/vancouver_daysinn.html

Most of the hotels near the cruise port will be $150 to $200 plus.

Hope this helps.:)

We have stayed at the Blue Horizon on Robson before and just booked it again for pre-cruise in August. About a 3.5 star (great breakfast restaurant for pre-cruise day) and right in the heart of things on Robson. If you go from Canada Place the cab will be about $10, if Ballantyne $20. Got the room for $149 Canadian

Booked it through http://www.hellobc.com. They take your credit card but don't charge it until you stay you can cancel if you find something better.

We stay in Vancouver a couple of times each year and the rates are definitely higher this year.

The last time we stayed in Vancouver, I Pricelined the hotel room. It was just the 2 of us and for only one night. I don't know the current bids for downtown, but we got the Hyatt for $85. Visit better bidding dot com and search for Vancouver (downtown) hotels, people there share their winning bids and what hotels they got.

Almost any hotel in the downtown area will get you fairly close to the cruise port. We stayed once at Marriott Residence Inn, a good distance from the port and our taxi fare was only around $7-8, plus a tip. The only reason we chose that hotel was the room size, they were larger than other hotels and we had our kids, plus one room in our group wanted a triple.

What I like to do is use Expedia as a search tool, I find their rates to be the highest, but they have a great hotel map tool, you can see easily where all the hotels are located.

The Times Square Suites is a fabulous little hotel. 2 blocks from Stanley Park at the corner of Robson and Denman Streets. Only 42 suites in the whole place. Don't expect a pool and all that stuff. Just a great place to sleep, MANY local restaurants within a block, very friendly staff, roof top patio with grills, etc. Less than $200 a night for a suite with a bedroom door that actually closes. Check them out at http://www.timessquaresuites.com

I would classify the Wedgewood as the best hotel in Vancouver. It is a smaller hotel that was rated, one year, as the best hotel in Canada. Good location and a great restaurant. Also the Four Seasons, both Fairmonts are good hotels. --- Your on vacation - treat yourself.

We cruised out of Vancouver last May. I bid through Priceline. I bid on a 4 star hotel. I believe we paid $72 and received the Westin Bayshore. This was an awesome hotel and was only a five minute walk to Canada Place.

Miss Honey

Archived