RCCL Strikes - UPDATE!

crusinmama06

RCCL corporate office called today. :eek: I almost past out when I saw the Florida number coming accross my caller ID.

They just wanted to talk to me. They received my letter. The situation will be addressed with the staff. And they had NEVER seen this type of situation from an AO counselor.

I will keep you updated if I hear anymore.

That's great!

Sometimes just making the gesture of acknowledging your problems and apologizing counts for a lot. I know RC is not perfect, but I was pretty impressed with them after being on the "cruise to nowhere." Brief testimonial:

We booked the Grandeur out of New Orleans in Feb. '04 (Saturday departure). After boarding and going through muster, etc., they announced a delay in departure, due to an issue downriver. Well, it turned out that a ship had sunk in a portion of the Mississippi River, and the river was closed to ship traffic. We were stuck in port until Wednesday!! They added a lot of extra onboard activities to keep the pax entertained, but after a couple days, we were getting a bit restless. Most everyone's mood brightened up a bit on Tuesday, when they announced what they would be doing for us. Everyone received a 100% refund of their cruise fare AND a 25% discount on a future booking! I thought we deserved some compensation for the disappointment, but they went above and beyond what I expected. Once the river was cleared, we did sail out into the Gulf, but there was not enough time to visit any ports. We were just out to sea for a couple days and then headed back in. It wasn't what we expected, but we had a fun week, were well entertained and well fed, all for free. (Except for the drinks and extras we bought, of course.) And a couple months later, we took advantage of the 25% discount to try again. :)

I am glad to hear that they got back to you and are going to look further into that AO staff members behaviour. I bet if they look back on comment cards they will find negative ones about her or nothing which also says alot. Hopefully they will share your story with the AO staff members and this will never happen again. I always tell my girls that sometimes you are not going to be helped by complaining, searching out the truth or trying to change a bad policy but someone else may be. It is refreshing to hear a story about someone trying to help the next person.

Archived