Golden - Fitness Facilities - Classes? Fees?

SeattleCruiser07

I work-out regularly at home (classes, cardio machines, weights, yoga, etc. at a local YMCA) and anticipating the FOOD on board our upcoming [first] cruise I am assuming I'll want to burn some extra calories most days. I've done a few searches and gleaned a bit of information in general on classes and Lotus Spa facilities - but I am hoping for some info specific to current Golden sailings. (We'll be on the AK Inside Passage trip 6/16-6/23). Can I use the cardio machines and weights for free? What about classes? What is offered that is "free" - step? Floor aerobics? Core / abs? Body-shop-type? Yoga costs extra? Are there any water aerobics classes? How are the classes / instructors? Are they all geared towards beginners? (I don’t want to pay extra for something and then not get a decent work-out … perhaps I should stick to the machines if the classes are all really entry-level?)

Thanks in advance,

:)

SeattleCruiser07

(I am feeling a little high-maintenance lately - posting with a lot of questions since we are just a few weeks out from our trip … I really appreciate you all - your patience and how forthcoming you are!)

On a 7-day cruise with at least 4 ports you may not have much time for gym.

Feb 2007 (21-days South America Cruise):

Cardio machines and weights are free.

Any group workouts with an instructor -- pilates, cycling, yoga, were $15 per session except for sign-ups for 4 sea days (no refunds) were $40. The workouts were intense but not advanced. I suggest staying with the gym equipment. Sea day mornings tend to be crowded -- those who have never ever stepped into a gym tend to show up only on the first sea day! /Sultan

(We'll be on the AK Inside Passage trip 6/16-6/23). Can I use the cardio machines and weights for free? What about classes? What is offered that is "free" - step? Floor aerobics? Core / abs? Body-shop-type? Yoga costs extra? Are there any water aerobics classes? How are the classes / instructors? Are they all geared towards beginners? (I don’t want to pay extra for something and then not get a decent work-out … perhaps I should stick to the machines if the classes are all really entry-level?)

Thanks in advance,

:)

SeattleCruiser07

Archived