NYC train station to port?

tsbrn

I am considering avoiding the hassle of air travel and taking Amtrak from Erie to NYC for my cruise. Any suggestions as to which would be the closest station to the port and are the areas safe at night?

Thanks in advance for any info!:)

I am considering avoiding the hassle of air travel and taking Amtrak from Erie to NYC for my cruise. Any suggestions as to which would be the closest station to the port and are the areas safe at night?

Thanks in advance for any info!:)

There is only one Amtrak Station in New York its NY Penn Station( as opposed to Newarks Penn Station in NJ). Its perfectly safe at all hours and heavily patroled by the Police and the National Guard. NY is safer then Erie and much safer than Buffalo and probably safer than Dunkirk/Fredonia.... I am assuming you are leaving from the Manhattan piers which are about a mile from Penn Station even the Red Hook Brooklyn one is only 6 miles---NJ Port Liberty is further and more difficult to get to unless you fly into Newark Airport.

Any suggestions as to which would be the closest station to the port and are the areas safe at night?

As you were previously told, the only stop is Penn Station. Are you arriving the night before the cruise or the day of the cruise?

Penn Station is safe.

Archived