Forumla, bottled water?

lysolqn

We've been provided with formula and bottled water on some cruise lines. Does anyone know if Princess does this? If so, who do I contact to make arrangements? I can almost deal with not providing formula but having to pay for bottled water for a six month old for whom we're paying almost $1000 seems a bit outragous.

Can't answer that question. This might come as a shock to you but I used the tap water from the sink and my son did just fine and he was three months old! No problem whatsoever. I simply filled one bottle with water and put a lid on it. Then used the travel packages of Enfamil and when he was hungry- just poured it in and shook the bottle.

I agree that paying full fare for an infant is a waste. I took my son on Norwegian the first time because he was free.

We've been provided with formula and bottled water on some cruise lines. Does anyone know if Princess does this? If so, who do I contact to make arrangements? I can almost deal with not providing formula but having to pay for bottled water for a six month old for whom we're paying almost $1000 seems a bit outragous.

Why not just pack a few gallons of water into your checked luggage?

I do that every cruise just for me!

Pack GALLONS of water in checked bags? Thanks, no...I'd sooner pay the piper per bottle once onboard.

Really?

It's not as bad as you think! Sure, the bags get heavy - but I would assume DH can handle them!?!?:confused:

If you are flying to the port just stop after you get to the destination airport and purchase the water and then take a minute to pack it smack dab in the middle of your suitcase....

Sheesh, I am surprised at your response considering that you were the one complaining about have to spend the $$ on bottled water......:o

They don't provide formula or bottled water. I wasn't aware that any cruise line does - especially formula since people use so many different kinds. (Princess - unlike some other lines - does provide baby food and baby cereal if you order it in advance.) Like the previous poster I also used Princess tap water for my babies with no problem. I brought a couple of bottles of water on board and re-filled them with tap water to take with us on shore to make formula.

I chose Princess over other cruise lines even though I had to pay full price for my babies because it was the cruise I wanted to take, so it was worth it to me. If you've cruised with a baby before and been provided formula and bottled water, sounds like you may be happier with those cruise lines.

Have a great trip - as you know, there's no better way to travel with baby!

Best,

Mia

The ships water is just like most city's tap water. Check with your pediatrician and see if he/she recommends bringing water or if the ships water will be okay. If they recommend bringing, then by all means pack some water, if not you will be saving yourself a big hassel.

If the ships water is safe, then you can always buy a bottle of water for the ports. My daughters doctor said the ships water was fine but to buy bottled in ports of call.

I think I already answered this question.

There is no need to premake bottles. Most formulas come in powered formula. Simply fill a dry bottle with the right about of powder and DON'T pour the water in until you are ready to feed the baby. This way, you can carry one or two dry bottles with powder around with you and simply use bottled water to fill, shake and feed. It's easy.

I think I already answered this question.

There is no need to premake bottles. Most formulas come in powered formula. Simply fill a dry bottle with the right about of powder and DON'T pour the water in until you are ready to feed the baby. This way, you can carry one or two dry bottles with powder around with you and simply use bottled water to fill, shake and feed. It's easy.

I know how to make bottles thankyouverymuch. The formula companies make the pre-made bottles for a reason. Some people like to use them. You use your method and I'll use mine.

I think the pre-made disposable bottles (ready to feed) would be best. No need for water, no shaking and mixing and having to wait for it to dissolve. Then when you are done throw the bottle away, and no washing bottles in the bathroom sink (eww!!!). Yes it will be bulky on embarkation but you are set after that and you wont have to worry about having to haul a large amount of it off the ship!

We just went on the Liberty of the Seas with a 9 month old and we took a Brita water pitcher with us. We always had filtered water (we just filled up from the bathroom sink) and both DH and I tasted the water and it tasted just like bottled. It worked great and we didn't have to worry about the weight of packed bottled water or spending the money once we got there. HTH!! :)

Archived