My Cayman experience

Lovin the Cruise

I just returned from my semi annual tour of the islands and once again Grand Cayman is the place that stands out in a class of it's own. We did the sandbar and Starfish point with our usual guy from Ambassador Divers.http://www.ambassadordivers.com He picked us up from the pier when we landed and 10 minutes later we're on the boat on our way. If you don't like the crowds, he's your guy. Jason only takes 12 people MAX per boat. We once again had an amazing and informative time with the stingrays and the starfish on the beach. The entire tour only took two hours! Normally we dive in the Caymans but we had the the wifes parents along this trip. I must admit, it was nice not luging around a load of wet dive gear.

Please tell me more about this. I am looking for a shorter excursion in GC. How much did it cost? What do you mean you "did the sandbar and starfish point"- did what? And where are those places? Is the sandbar where the stingrays are? And is the starfish point the beach out by Rum Pointe where I have heard there are Stafish?

I see no tours like this on their website, only diving. Did you just email them to arrange this?

Sorry for the terminology. By did the sandbar I mean we fed and interacted with the Stingrays on Stingray sandbar. The Starfish beach is a private little beach point directly south of Rum Point. There are loads of Starfish along the waters edge. Its a really beautiful place to kick back and just enjoy being away from the crowds. We had a party of six and he charged us 45.00 per person.

They have a more relevant web site, but being a diver I forgot to list it.

http://www.snorkelcayman.com

Archived