Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

We went on the 8 day Eastern, I have to say that Antigua was my favorite port it was just beautiful. We booked with Lawrence of Antique to take us to Pineapple beach resort for the day as we made res. there was 30 of us. We then decided to ask Lawrence for a tour of the island before we went to the resort, I have to say it was well worth the $25 per person for the tour and transportation to and from the resort. If you are going to Antigue don't miss going to Pineapple Beach Resort we paid $49 per person and that included all your drinks which were unlimited and all the food you could eat and anything else the resort had, very beautiful place. If you are looking at a specific picture and would like to know about it email me at ldavison@twcny.rr.com and I will try to answer it. Linda

Just off Carnival Liberty earlier today (had a wonderful vacation with perfect weather), and will add a few things to this thread shortly.

~

But one thing I wanted to clear up as soon as possible, since it had been debated a bit recently: **There are two (2) formal nights on the 6-day sailing** There was no mention of 'optional' anywhere in the Capers, and people did dress up quite nicely on that Thursday night. Several onboard mentioned their travel agents had told them differently, so that's why I'm hoping to clear it up here.

More to come. . . .

Off the Liberty last week 8 day to Panama, great cruise great ship. The Duo in the Atruim lounge are great. We had our kids 20 + 23 we all had a great time. The shows were good. The cruise director is James with his sidekick Alfie. Food was great esp. the deli Rubens, also tried the Mongolian grill it was also good. OK We like to eat all the food was good. The "cover band" Music Society was good. Look for them in the Victorian Lounge its above the silver dining room. Some good entertainment there with small crowds. I could go on and on. We kept copies of the Capers. Ready to go again.

Hey RNCHHC

You said u saved the capers from you liberty trip any chance you can either post on the board or email them to me ( y7anks3@aol.com ) ..... it would be great to read a new up to date capers

thanks in advance

My son is taking them to scan will post or forward when he's done

6 of us going 4/12/08 can't wait. Are Panama,costa rica tendered ports.

Both Panama and Costa Rica have docks - no tenders. I would recommend that those stopping in these ports do some research ahead of time as to what you'd like to do - aside from some shopping near the pier area, there's not much you can do on foot in these ports. In Costa Rica, we took a Carnival-sponsored excursion (the Caribbean Train, Boat and Bus Experience - I couldn't find an independent excursion that included the train) and in Panama we did the Gatun Locks and Beach Break tour with My Friend Mario.

We are very much looking forward to our July 29th cruise on the Liberty. I think the lounge group Music Society was on our Dec. cruise on the Miracle. If it is the same group they are a very good band and packed the lounge on the Miracle.

John & Shari

We are doing the 8-day Eastern on June 23rd on the Liberty. It stops at San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau. Anyone done this itinerary? Also, has anyone done the BOSS excursion or the Mahogany Run Golf Course in St. Thomas? We are trying to decide between the two, since they are both in St. Thomas. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Hey guys-

Thanks for the menus! These are great and I have printed them out in full! Thank you!

Anyone have info on the movies on the big screen? I'd like to know what time they offer these at night, do they have snacks (ie: Popcorn) available, etc. What is the procedure for the movies under the stars? Just curious. Thank you!

We have a group of us going for spring break on April 6, 2008. I have sailed on this ship before, last summer through Europe. It's a great ship. This will be a six nighter. We are really looking forward to it and I can't believe how cheap it is. Carnival rocks when it comes to group prices.

Donna

I may have a dumb question. When the menus list dessert wines and after dinner drinks, they do not list prices. Are these included with the meal?:o

I was wondering the same thing. I would think that if they cost extra they would have posted prices. I have read through some of the threads that there are times, though few, that alcohol is free. Maybe this is one of those times. Would be nice!

Hey guys... looking forward to heading onto the big LI myself. Be good to work with Todd again and Damian is a good friend of mine.

As a DJ I am part of the entertainment cruise staff but don't have other duties expect for DJing and boat drill. I do sometimes like to help out if the rest of our dept is short, if you work as a good team player everything runs smoothly for you guys.

To the S&S guys, i was on the Conquest when you guys were on S&S II.

To everyone else, i'll see you on the dancefloor :D

DJ Eddy...

Can you find out if Blood Power is on the Liberty yet? Heard they were suppose to start on the Liberty this April, but haven't heard about them in any of the reviews that have been coming out. Just wondering where they are...:confused:

We'll be on Liberty next January! Yipee!! :p

I was wondering the same thing. I would think that if they cost extra they would have posted prices. I have read through some of the threads that there are times, though few, that alcohol is free. Maybe this is one of those times. Would be nice!

One word: Not!:( The only "freebies" we've had are at the Captain's Party, the Past Guest Party, and times when the ship's store has samples. There's free champagne at some of the art auctions, too.

Anyone have suggestions on cabins to stay away from on the Liberty, or, on the flip-side of that question....cabins to definitely book? We will be in cabin 9267, which seems fine to me, right now, but if anyone has any info on this cabin--I will take it. It's on the Lido deck, which will be convenient. It's also right by an elevator, which has not been a problem for us in the past, but the last time we were by an elevator we were not on the Lido--we were on a much lower deck (maybe less traffic since it wasn't the pool deck). Anyone have any advice or suggestions on cabins on the Liberty? Thanks!

Also, still looking for info on the movies under the stars, if anyone has anything. Thanks!

OK, before someone begins wondering just how bored I must have been to do this 'project', that was not the case at all. Had just finished a delicious and very filling meal at Harry's and decided to walk it off for a while. Went through all the passenger decks and made notes of what those blank spaces actually are on the deck plans. This was done this past week on Carnival Liberty, and I don't know if it matches up perfectly with all the other Conquest class ships, but my gut feeling is that it does. Here goes. . .

~

'Crew Only' area between 1262 & 1264, as well as 1263 & 1265

1278 next to 'Restricted Area' door

1279 across from Air Conditioning Station

1359 across from Launderette

1365 next to Electrical Locker

1372 & 1381 next to 'Crew Only' door

1394 & 1401 next to Pantry

1426 next to Staterom Steward Station

1435 Next to Housekeeping Storage

~

2290 & 2291 next to (or across from) Stateroom Steward Station

2314 & 2317 next to (or across from) Electrical Locker

2362 across from Printing Workshop

2367 across from Launderette

2370 across from Electrical Locker

2385 & 2411 next to Galley Electrical Substation

2402 next to Pantry

2436 next to Stateroom Steward Station

2439 next to Air Conditioning Station

Between 2233 & 2245 are Entertainment rooms

~

6201 & 6203 across from Computer Room

6202, 6204, & 6210 across from Video Broadcasting Center

6207 & 6208 across from Electrical Locker (and open into small hallway)

6272 & 6275 across from Pantry & Electrical Locker

6282 & 6285 across from Stateroom Steward Station

6354 & 6381 door open into small hallway

6360 across from Electrical Locker

6362 & 6366 across from (or next to) Engine Archives

6378 next to Air Conditioning Station

6380 across from 'Crew Only sliding door

6386 across from Electrical Locker

6387 across from Launderette

6388 across from Houskeeping Manager's Office

6411 across from Stateroom Steward Station

6451 next to Housekeeping Storage

6489 across from Air Conditioning Station

7201 across from Housekeeping Storage

7202 across from Stateroom Steward Station

7237 & 7235 have Air Conditioning Station between them

7268 across from Electrical Locker

7274 across from Stateroom Steward Station

7276 next to Air Conditioning Station

7277 next to Stateroom Steward Station

7332 next to Air Conditioning Station (and opens into small hallway)

7334 across from Housekeeping Storage

7335 opens into small hallway

7336 across from Telephone Exchange Room

7339 across from Launderette

7341 across from Electrical Locker

7345 next to Electrical Locker

7354 next to Air Conditioning Station

7356 across from Air Condition Station & 'Crew Only' slide door

7362 across from Electrical Locker

7363 across from Stateroom Steward Station

7364 & 7366 across from Pantry

7369 & 7371 across from Pantry

7406 across from Stateroom Steward Station

7411 across from Housekeeping Store

7412 next to Stateroom Steward Station

7448 across from Electrical Locker

7453 across from Stateroom Steward Station

~

8260 & 8261 across from Pantry & Electrical Locker

8270 & 8272 across from (or next to) Stateroom Steward Station

8271 across from Stateroom Storage Station

8342 open into small hallway

8345 next to Pool Machinery room, and opens into small hallway

8346 across from Housekeeping Storage

8348 across from Electrical Locker

8351 across from Launderette

8368 across from 'Crew Only' slide door

8375 across from Stateroom Steward Station

8376 & 8381 across from Pantry

8418 & 8424 across from (or next to) Stateroom Steward Station

8425 & 8431 across from (or next to) Housekeeping Storage

8461 across from Pool Machinery room

~

9205 next to Stateroom Steward Station & across from Electrical Locker

9206 next to Stateroom Steward Station

9269 across from Pantry & Electrical Locker

9270 across from Launderette & Electrical Locker

~

10-04 next to Chemical Dispenser Station

10-62 & 10-63 across from Electrical Locker

10-66 & 10-67 next to Air Conditioning Station

~

11-09 across from Pantry

11-11 across from Electrical Locker

Off the Liberty last week 8 day to Panama, great cruise great ship. The Duo in the Atruim lounge are great. We had our kids 20 + 23 we all had a great time. The shows were good. The cruise director is James with his sidekick Alfie. Food was great esp. the deli Rubens, also tried the Mongolian grill it was also good. OK We like to eat all the food was good. The "cover band" Music Society was good. Look for them in the Victorian Lounge its above the silver dining room. Some good entertainment there with small crowds. I could go on and on. We kept copies of the Capers. Ready to go again.

Which nights are formal nights on the 8 day Panama cruise?

Archived