Can we take a coffee pot?

Just to add another take on the reasons for prohibiting those items.

I know the cruisers are always quick to assume every corporate decision is based on making money out of us.

Well my take on this has to do with money also, but from a slightly different point.

I´m sure insurances play a big part here as well and premiums would probably skyrocket if they would allow certain devices.

It´s also a major difference if an electrical device is provided by the company or brought in by customers or employees.

I.E. the place I work at we are allowed to operate many electronical devices, but only those given to us by the employer. This includes such things as coffee makers etc. If we want our own stuff it has to be registered and inspected. And that´s the key, as long as it´s registered and inspected they know it´s OK and not a safety issue. Same would be for devices brought on the ship. Now some cruise lines have coffee makers in the rooms - fine and they are probably inspected and safe, however RCCL obviously decided to not have them and a reason might be to safe the money on all the added insurance cost, inspection etc.

As I said there´s always many reasons come into play. Just don´t be too fast and judgemental to say it´s all for getting more money out of customers, or even worse to inconvenience customers.

Anybody else notice that 75% of the threads normally deal with decisions of a public company?? Does anybody follow the rules anymore?? Does anyone even try??:) Now don't get me wrong.........one of the principals this country was founded on was the freedom's many gave their lives for today........for which we humbly remember and are thankful........

[quote name=

Can someone tell me how to use it? I suppose I could look it up online, but since this is the topic, I would like to hear others experiences.

[/quote]

I have never used one but I did attend a coffee seminar aboard Radiance on our Panama Canal cruise. One of the entertainers, David Pengelly, has a mail order coffee business (http://www.coffeebydavid.com) and gave a seminar that was as entertaining as his entertainment the night before. One of the things he said about the french press was that most people pushed the water through too fast and that is should "steep" a few minutes before the water goes through. Also water should be at 195°.

Not want to sound rude and not implying you are not following the rules, just stating as it is.

Their ships - their rules....

don´t like it - vote with your money and don´t give them your business.

I had to go back and see where you may have been rude and didn't find anything! :) I don't mind you stating the rules, or even your opinion about them. My opinions stand as well, but as you said, I'm following the rules, and just stating things as I see it.

I most certainly will vote with my wallet if I find I'm not happy. I always do! ;)

I actually have a french press and use it as decoration in my kitchen...lol

Can someone tell me how to use it? I suppose I could look it up online, but since this is the topic, I would like to hear others experiences.

I usually brew Dunkin Donuts coffee at home and work, would this be the same thing as brewing?

tia!

Put ground coffee, coarsely ground beans work best and at least 1 rounded tablespoon per cup, into the french press, add hot water. Now the coffee is floating freely mixed in with the water. Let the coffee steep for 3-4 minutes, then push the plunger down. The plunger is sealed against the edges and is your filter - it pushes the grounds to the bottom and traps them. Your coffee is now ready to enjoy!

Archived