What happens when there's a hurricane to cruise ports/routes etc?

skilzygw

HI ALL....3 years ago, I went on the Jubilee out of Galveston, a 5 day cruise...We sailed,,,,were told not going to Cancun....got almost there, and then told, ...no...going to Vera Cruz......well, guess what....we didn't go there either....turned around and went to New Orleans...and had to leave there early , because the storm was now coming that way.....talk about going around and round........But it was a lot of fun, and only one really ruff night....

jus me...jim:cool:

We ran into some people on our past cruise that must have been on the same cruise as Cruiseone2003's friends. It was a Carnival Cruise and at the first port (Cabo) they were given the option of staying on board, go with the Pacific coastal itinerary, $200 onboard credit and a discount for 50% off another cruise. The other option was to disembark in Cabo, full cruise reimbursement and airline fare back to LA.

They stayed on the ship and had a fabulous time. About half of the people left-grumbling and complaining about how Carnival ruined their vacation. Cabo was hit by the hurricane later that day, shutting down the airport, no electricity, closing hotels, etc. Those that got off the ship were STUCK with no way out.

Hmmmm.... that's kind of funny.

I wouldn't mind if I end up in San Francisco or Alaska on my Mexican cruise. ESPECIALLY not if it meant a ship board credit and a big discount on my next cruise. I just want the vacation, darn it! :)

Archived