Beach massages?

KAWS

Do any of the beaches offer this? We had fabulous massages in Costa Maya last March and since then I'm on the search for any port that we'll be visiting that might have this too.

Kim

Do any of the beaches offer this? We had fabulous massages in Costa Maya last March and since then I'm on the search for any port that we'll be visiting that might have this too.

Kim

Nope. No massages or people selling things on the Beach. Bermuda is not in the Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

Bermuda's a VERY conservative island.

We were there about 20 years ago and dress codes specified no sleeveless tee's in public. I went into an ice cream shop across the street from our hotel in a sleeveless tee; we were sitting by the pool and that was the only shirt I had available. Anyway, the clerk in the store refused to serve me. Back then at least they had 'plants' which went out to make sure the codes were being followed and the clerk could have gotten into a lot of trouble for breaking the code.

It can become a little bit of a pain but they've kept Bermuda IMO one of the most beautiful places in the world! THey're strict on building codes and again at least back then, no McDonalds or Burger Kings.

We've been there 3 times and are cruising there for the 1st time on 07/07/07. Going on Azamara Journey (newly formed under Celebrity) and really looking forward to it.

Rich

• 3 weeks later...
Kim what beach was that in Costa Maya that did massages??

Thanks.

Mahahual Beach. Go just outside the pier area and grab either a cab or there's a zebra looking safari bus. Cab is $3 pp to get there ($2 to get back). Just ask to go to the Mahahual Beach.

Not very far in there's a place called Cat's Meow. GREAT place. Beer is a bucket for $10 (6 beer) and margueritas are $4.50 and you could practically swim in them! LOL

Talk to George and ask him you also want massages and to find you someone "good". He'll take care of you. Massages are $20 for 45 minutes. We gave the guy $100 for 4 of us.

Food at Cat's is really good and Barbara, the owner, will come around and say hi. She's from Canada and will chat with you for a while.

I LOVED that place and we're going to plan to go back one day. It was a little bit of heaven to us.

Mahahual Beach. Go just outside the pier area and grab either a cab or there's a zebra looking safari bus. Cab is $3 pp to get there ($2 to get back). Just ask to go to the Mahahual Beach.

Not very far in there's a place called Cat's Meow. GREAT place. Beer is a bucket for $10 (6 beer) and margueritas are $4.50 and you could practically swim in them! LOL

Talk to George and ask him you also want massages and to find you someone "good". He'll take care of you. Massages are $20 for 45 minutes. We gave the guy $100 for 4 of us.

Food at Cat's is really good and Barbara, the owner, will come around and say hi. She's from Canada and will chat with you for a while.

I LOVED that place and we're going to plan to go back one day. It was a little bit of heaven to us.

I can second that recommendation! We had a few beers at the Cat's Meow. The food was wonderful and Barbara was a sweetheart.

• 2 weeks later...
Bermuda's a VERY conservative island.

We were there about 20 years ago and dress codes specified no sleeveless tee's in public. I went into an ice cream shop across the street from our hotel in a sleeveless tee; we were sitting by the pool and that was the only shirt I had available. Anyway, the clerk in the store refused to serve me. Back then at least they had 'plants' which went out to make sure the codes were being followed and the clerk could have gotten into a lot of trouble for breaking the code.

It can become a little bit of a pain but they've kept Bermuda IMO one of the most beautiful places in the world! THey're strict on building codes and again at least back then, no McDonalds or Burger Kings.

We've been there 3 times and are cruising there for the 1st time on 07/07/07. Going on Azamara Journey (newly formed under Celebrity) and really looking forward to it.

Rich

jerz i don't know who told you that we don't allow sleeveless shirts in public in bermuda, but they lied to you my man. no bare chests, but a shirt of any description is acceptable. obviously you will have to dress better than that to get in to a halfway decent restaurant, but we certainly don't have any WASPs (Wardrobe Aherance Secret Police) here now or twenty years ago. I think the lady who turned you down was just a grouchy wench and is certainly not representative of the "norm" here. still no mcdonald's or burger king here, nor will there be. we banned them just after kfc got in. wouldn't really be a vacation if it looked like home, would it? that's why we banned them.

Archived