Both Bonnie and Charlie Coming to NY??!!

MrPete

We had friends sailing on the Triumph back in 1999 when Hurricane Floyd came through. That was an actual hurricane. They just left late as the port was closed. The seas WERE quite choppy that night and the next day, so stock up on the Bonnine and nasal clamps!

We had friends sailing on the Triumph back in 1999 when Hurricane Floyd came through. That was an actual hurricane. They just left late as the port was closed. The seas WERE quite choppy that night and the next day, so stock up on the Bonnine and nasal clamps!

Please explain nasal clamps! Is this a remedy for sea sickness?

I am headed to NYC this Saturday for a shopping trip. I hope it won't be too bad for the people living there as well as those of us traveling there.

Looks like Florida is going to be the first get the "One-two punch" first!! Brace yourself guys!!! Charlie is right over Jamaica right now. I feel for everyone who is cruising right now, I bet the Conquest is missing a few of their scheduled ports!

Looks like Florida is going to be the first get the "One-two punch" first!! Brace yourself guys!!! Charlie is right over Jamaica right now. I feel for everyone who is cruising right now, I bet the Conquest is missing a few of their scheduled ports!

We remarked how lucky we were to have been on board LAST WEEK.

While we were having breakfast this morning (at the TrolleyStop Cafe - open 24hrs on St.Charles, in between The Clarion, The Ponchartrain, The Garden District hotel - try the Southern Special, or the Corned Beef hash and eggs. And hey, great bisquits. Industrial strength coffee - a lot of taxi drivers stop there...but I digress...) we noticed in the Times-Picayune, a small article which stated that the Conquest was skipping Jamaica and going to Grand Cayman instead, a day ahead of time, and then hopefully the next day to Cozumel, and then an alternate port on the Yucatan.

Except the ship is wedged between the two systems, and at last report the one in the Gulf is growing. Hey they should have called them CARLOS AND CHARLIE, the way the passengers are gonna feel!!!!! The weather HAS to be horrendous.

Oh well.....

BnB

Just what we need after last nights rain. I live in Middlesex County and I think they said we had about 4-5" of rain last night alone. The one thunderstorm just stalled out over us. It was a wicked ride home.

These are two of the reasons we never book a cruise during hurricane season. It is just as nice in Decemer. I know that time is a factor in plans for some people, but we are lucky that we can sail anytime. Hope everything works out for those of you who are worried.

As a Floridian, I'd be surprised to see NY feel the effects of these storms this weekend as we're not even supposed to get much impact from Bonnie until this afternoon and Charleyl tomorrow afternoon at the earliest...I'd say the earliest you might feel anything related to these storms would be Sunday.

On the contrary they said we are supposed to get our first affects from Bonnie before midnight tonight and go thru Friday. Also Charlie is most of the day Saturday into Sunday morning. They said Sunday afternoon will be ok for us.

that's one fast miving storm then...wow, I stand corrected. I'm in north Florida and am just now done (I think) with the effects from Bonnie. I still contend you wn't get anything from Charley until at least Sunday..it hasn't even hit Cuba yet

Archived