Altun Ha w/ Rainforest Exploration?

2011mom

Has anyone used Belize Shore Excursions for the Altun Ha ruins plus the rainforest excursion? I'll be on the Valor this July and am trying to choose from all the options! I don't want a full-day ruins excursion, so Altun ha seems better for my family. And I'm interested in hiking and wildlife, so the one hour rainforest add-on seems like it might be fun.

How does Altun Ha compare with the ruins in Costa Maya?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi 2011mom,

I was on the Glory at the beginning of May, and did the Rio Wallace and Altun Ha tour. The river tour was a lot of fun. We saw dolphins, manatees, toucans, crocodiles, monkeys, and many iguanas. I can't compare Altun Ha to the ruins in Costa Maya, but I thought that they were decent. ( I have been to Chichen Itza, Uxmal, and Tulum. Altun Ha was much smaller, but still very intresting to see.) We were able to climb one of the temples and get some great views of the jungle. We did this excursion thru Carnival. Have fun!

Archived