What time do they start boarding on Conquest?

As EARLY as possible. The docs say 1:30 but there are some 3000+ people boarding so the earlier the better.

We're going down to Galveston early Sunday morning and getting breakfast on the seawall and we have reading stuff, etc so we can wait however long it takes.

Some say they'd boarded at 11 or so

I've cruised from Galveston 7 times, and 3 of those were the Conquest. The latest I think I've ever boarded the Conquest was about noon. I usually try to get to the pier by 10 or 10:30, though. Just to meet people on my roll call, and be one of the first to get onboard. I like to not have to stand in line for my first pizza when I board!

Another Conquest thing I've learned. Although your cabin may not be ready, and they have the flood doors closed so you can't even get into your hallway on your deck, the doors are not locked. You can go through the doors, go to your cabin, and drop off your carry on so you don't have to carry it around like everyone else does.

If someone tries to stop you, just say you're dropping off luggage and leaving.

What Roll Call....a cruise critic one:confused:

Yeah, a Cruise Critic roll call.

I've met a huge group of friends while cruising, and most from Cruise Critic. Many of us have booked later cruises together so we could travel together again. It's really a great way to meet fantastic friends! In fact, my partner and I may be moving to either the Houston or San Antonio area so we can be closer to the core group of these friends.

As long as there isn't an immigration inspection you can plan on the 11:30 time frame. We had an immigration inspection on the Apr 15, '07 cruise. Waited in line because no one could get on the ship. Finally started letting people board around 3. It was frustrating because 3,000 people were waiting in line and no one from Carnival would tell anyone what was going on !!

Afterwards we heard this could happen once a quarter. Holding our breath for the June 17 cruise...............

Archived