We used our cell phones on board

GAMOM4

I just thought of a question - when we were on the cruise last week - remember there were 21 of us - most everyone was using their cell phone - I even used mine to call my son - he is 13 and was down the hall. Someone told me that it is like 9:00 a minute to use it. I know when we were in the Jacksonville port and Key West that it was o.k. because we were on Verizon - but what about when we were at sea? We didn't always have service - but when we did people were really using the phones. I have looked on-line and there is no charge so far on my bill - and it usuallly shows up within an hour or so.

Also - you wouldn't believe the number of people with laptops. How does that work - not that I have a laptop - but are they charged for service?

I just thought of a question - when we were on the cruise last week - remember there were 21 of us - most everyone was using their cell phone - I even used mine to call my son - he is 13 and was down the hall. Someone told me that it is like 9:00 a minute to use it. I know when we were in the Jacksonville port and Key West that it was o.k. because we were on Verizon - but what about when we were at sea? We didn't always have service - but when we did people were really using the phones. I have looked on-line and there is no charge so far on my bill - and it usuallly shows up within an hour or so.

Also - you wouldn't believe the number of people with laptops. How does that work - not that I have a laptop - but are they charged for service?

I found it on their site but it wasn't easy to find. It cost $2.49 a minute.

it probably will show up on your bill on the billing date. It's $2.49 a minute on the ship.

We occasionally lost service also while at sea. But overall itworked nearly all the time.

For Verizon, as already noted the cost is $2.49 per minute while on the ship. It will show up under "roaming charges", not under your regular daily usage. I don't think mine showed up online until the bill was issued. We only used ours for three minutes while we were docked in St. Maarten. I used my cell phone on our balcony to call home and check on the kids. Because we were docked, I was only charged the roaming charges from St. Maarten, not the ship charges. My charge was $3.87 for three minutes, rather than the $7.47 it would have been I used the cell phone while we were at sea. In any case, I've already told our 15 y/o son that all our cell phones will be turned off and locked in the safe for the duration of our Triumph cruise. I can only imagine what our bill would look like if his phone was turned on. :p

Sounds like a bunch of you are gonna get a "really big surprise" !

Maybe I should have said a really LARGE surprise.

Laptop connections are through the INTERNET service provided by Carnival.

It is charged on either a per minute usage or a minute package can be purchased.

This is in addition to a start-up fee of 3.50.

and all those cell phone users are in for a shock. Charged by the minute even to call other people on the boat

Hi,

With Rogers you pay a flat $2 minute, includes roaming charges.

I phoned Toronto from Buffalo $2 minute.

I phoned Toronto from Italy, Spain, Croatia and France $2 minute.

Not bad for calling from overseas but pricey from a location that's only an hours drive from home :(

It will show up on your final bill because it is a "special" charge that does not show online. :rolleyes: My experience is with Sprint, so Verizon may be different.

Good luck!

I have sprint how much did it cost per minute?

Archived