Question about "No Extra Cost" Drinks

I have searched the message board high and low and I can't find a post about this so I hope you guys can help.

We are taking our first cruise (Fantasy) in June and I am a little confused about the "no extra cost" drink offerings. I understand the ship offers tea, juice, coffee, etc. at no extra cost. Is the tea iced or hot or can you get both? Is it all sweetened with sugar or are unsweetened drinks available?

I love tea but I prefer to drink it unsweetened. Usually hot tea is not sweetened so I guess I could make hot tea and put it on ice if that's a possibility. If hot tea is offered, what sweeteners (besides sugar) are available on board?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can get both hot and iced tea.

I believe the tea is probaby unsweetened with different sweetening options available. Not sure what kind, but I'm guessing regular sugar, Sweet & Low, Equal and Splenda maybe.

Thay have drink stations( fill you're own) near the buffet, or table service at Formal Dining rooms,

Free Drinks commonly avalable,.... Orange Juice, Hawian-Punch Style red Punch, Unsweetened Iced Tea, Coffee, Decalf Coffee, Hot Tea, and Very deliousius Creamy "Gas Station Cappachio type" Creamy Hot Chocolate.

As for sweetners, suger packets, pure cane suger packs, and "Sweet & Low".

At Breakfast, Chocolate Milk, Apple Juice, Tomato Juice, and Low fat white milk are added as well.

Hope this Helps!:)

This too was one of my concerns before my first cruise...gotta have my iced tea! :D To answer your question: on the Lido, there are machines which dispense juices, regular and decaf coffee, hot chocolate, hot water for hot tea, and iced tea. There are always Lipton regular and decaf teabags available and often there is a well stocked wooden box with various specialty teas (I love English breakfast and often grab a few to keep in my room as room service only brings the Lipton). The sweetners that are offered are Splenda and Sweet N Low (can't remember if they have Equal as I don't use it) and there are always fresh lemon wedges available. Now, the iced tea is NOT brewed tea but a mix. It's okay (and unsweetened) but sometimes I want brewed iced tea so I make a cup of hot tea using two bags, let it steep, then pour over a cup of ice.

In the dining room, if you ask for iced tea it is the same instant tea but, again, it's not bad and it IS unsweetened.

After dinner in the dining room, espresso and capucino are offered free with desert. Hope some of this helps and have a great time!:)

Here's something I posted awhile back;

Beverages included in the cost of your cruise:

Lido buffet area - Iced tea, hot water & tea bags, coffee, decaf, hot chocolate, juice varieties, water, lemonade, fruitpunch. On buffet, milk, skim milk, chocolate milk.

Dining room - Iced tea, hot tea, coffee, water, decaf, milk, chocolate milk, juices, espresso and cappuccino.

Room service - MOST of the beverages that are available on Lido, but not lemonade or fruitpunch.

Archived