U.S. Direct Program in Vancouver

skogler

Has anyone used the US Direct Program in Vancouver? I have read you by-pass the customs wait and your luggage goes straight to the ship. We fly into Vancouver on Saturday.

Scott

We used US Direct last week. You don't bypass customs. A US Direct rep. takes you to a special area with a custom agent just for this program. It took us about 30 seconds. You have to have a Princess transfer and after customs they take you to the bus. Hope this helps we had no problems.

Check in the Alaska section. I've written a couple of LONG descriptions of my experience with US Direct.

But to answer your questions, my "customs" experience lasted about 2 seconds and my luggage miraculously appeared at my cabin.

We did this last September...it was wonderful. Just make sure you follow the instructions given. And when you get on the bus, don't be surprised when then tape the door shut. They remove it when you arrive at the ship. Just enjoy yourself.

Archived