Just Back From Wedding Cruise!

We just got back from our wedding/honeymoon cruise & it was fabulous! We sailed on Royal Caribbeans AOS & got married on the beach in Barbados through Royal Romance. Please do not believe everything bad you read about them. I was nervouse to use them but everything turned out to be perfect! I could not have asked for more. They had every detail covered.

Our photog from the ship was amazing. I can not ay enough good things about him. We have the best photos, 330 of them & we only had to throw 2 away b/c people had their eyes closed. We got married on Tue & had our photos on Thur. I will post some soon if I can figure it out! We did an hr on the beach & an hr on the ship. In order to ensure I got the shots I wanted I searched online for photos I liked, compiled them into powerpoing & printed them off for our photog. Personally I think this works much better than a list b/c it gives them a much better idea of what you want.

We wanted a personalized ceremony so I actually ended up writing the whole thing. Let me know if you're interested in seeing it. We included the sand ceremony which everyone loved. Then we just had cake & champagne for all. We made our own music cd & brough along a few decorations which really weren't needed since the wedding coordinators brought shells, flowers, etc.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them!

Welcome back and congratulations! It's always nice to hear when things went well. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. Also, for the sand ceremony, did you bring the vases home? If so, how did you keep the sand from spilling?

Congratulations!

We're getting married in Barbados on January 2. Which beach did you get married on? We're getting married on Foul Bay Beach. I can't wait to see pictures! :)

Mandabear, the vases I bought for the sand ceremony have stoppers with glass toppers/handles/whatever! :) that came with them. If yours didn't, perhaps you can fashion a cork or stopper for yours?

Congratulations!! I too am getting married in Barbados on Sept 11 of this year. We booked thru Island Weddings Barbados. I'd also like to know which beach you wed on (we are being wed on Batt's Rock). Please post any photos - us fellow Barbadian brides would LOVE to see them :D Congratulations again and best wishes for a long & happy marriage! Kim:p

Congratulations on your wedding!

We are getting married on AOS also next year, Feb 2008. Barbados is not part of the itinerary. We want to get married on the beach in Aruba and were not sure if we should use RR or not so I am glas to see that it worked well for you.

Was it the photographer from the ship that attended the beach ceremony? Would you mind giving me his name. Perhaps he will still be there next Feb.

Did you have dinner in the main dining room or did you do a special reception?

I was unsure about bringing a CD with music on the beach since I was wondering if you would really hear it with the wind and sea.

Looking forward to see your pictures and congrats again!

Caroline

Congrats on your wedding. I am so glad that everything worked out well with TWE. I am so excited to see pictures when you post them. I also would love to see your ceremony as I am writing my own as well. (ambersue2002@aol.com) Thanks so much.

Amber

Congratulations and welcome back! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day/week! I, too, am getting married in Brabados on Foul Bay Beach in November. We are also using Island Weddings Barbados. I would love pictures too!:)

Tabby, I found this about the sand ceremony:

http://www.wedalert.com/content/articles/Unity_Sand_Ceremony.asp

UNITY SAND CEREMONY

(after the minister reads the statement below, pour the two containers of sand into the third container simultaneously.

_______________ and ______________, today you join your separate lives together. The two separate bottles of sand symbolize your separate lives, separate families and separate sets of friends. They represent all that you are and all that you’ll ever be as an individual. They also represent your lives before today. As these two containers of sandare poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be.

(If children are a part of the new family, the sand ceremony can involve them also. Some families choose a different color for each member.)

• 3 months later...

Archived