RE: Review of the Legend

doolange

How about getting the cab back from cane garden beach to the ship. We are sailing the legend in three weeks and we are only in Tortola until 2. Wanted to catch a cab to the beach but I am concerned about being able to find a cab to bring us back, what do you think?? Thanks

We haven't sailed the Legend (yet) but had it narrowed down to her and the Conquest in May and chose the Conquest. The only other cruise we'd been on was Royal Caribbean. From what I've been reading above, I have three things to mention.

First, the floor............the Conquest didn't have a particularly slippery floor but I did notice that when it was wet you had to be careful. It looked like a wood plank floor. I'm sure it was probably pretty nice when it was new (like the commercial!), but after a couple years use it sure looked ratty. RCI had outdoor floors that were rubber-like. The entire outside floor was done like the running track material. That really made alot of sense to me. Carnival should take a cue from that.

Second, the breakfast selection......I thought the breakfast selection stunk. Someone said "I don't know what else you could have".....well let me tell ya what RCI had for breakfast EVERY DAY.........in addition to everything Carnival had, they also had bisquits (sp?) and gravy, lots of different fruit, pancakes AND french toast AND waffles EVERY day (not alternating), danish, donuts (assorted), bagels (different kinds), grits, corn beef hash, oatmeal.....they had cheese sauces and salsa for the eggs, etc. I'm sure there was more that I cannot even think of.

Third, the buffet lines............the big thing I noticed that caused lines for breakfast was that the egg station (omelets, etc.) was at the end of the buffet line so that it created a huge backup while people waited for their eggs. Many people who just wanted to get food off the buffet couldn't even get UP to the buffet because the omelet station people were backed up in front of the buffet. On RCI, the omelet/egg station was seperate from the buffet lines and I never experienced a breakfast line there EVER.

I'm not saying RCI is better, because Carnival is as good or better in other areas and I'm not saying my cruise was bad on either ship. I had a FABULOUS time on both cruises and will probably sail the Legend (wearing rubber shoes of course!) or the Glory next, but these are just my 2 cents' worth of suggestions for improvements Carnival could definitely make.

And it is true....................A bad day ON a cruise is DEFINITELY better than

a GOOD day NOT on one!

PrincessJul,

Awesome post! I see you got my points and your suggestions were right on the money. What you say about the breakfast is exactly what was missing. I couldn't put my finger on it but you summed up what could have made it better. As far as the omelet line, again right on the money. It was always backed up because of the omelet. Besides a fresh omelet, there was not much else, that was fresh, to choose from. I can't stand cold toast, cold toasted bagels, cold pancakes or cold french toast. Besides bacon and sausage, there was not much else.

My friends and I also thought something as simple as a rubber mat to run along the slippery floor would solve the problem. I don't understand how they let this go on. People fell by the dozen. My friend, who had both hips replaced and is a large man, slipped but thankfully was not hurt (worried for a second with those metal hips).

As far as getting back to the boat on the beaches, when it is time to get back to the ship, there are dozens of taxi's waiting to take you back. I have a feeling that the only time these natives make any income is when the ship is in port. You will not have an ounce of trouble getting back. There are more than enought taxis.

Archived