After you book a cruise, do you become "BOARD" addicted??

I manage a Hospital/LTC pharmacy, and some times the Nurses and Docs are worse than dealing with the public, BUT, I can "constructively" talk to them. With John Q. Public, you have to smile and say "Yes mam, your right!"

At least on the cruise, we can all just be "regular joe's"!!

Have a great time on your cruise!!

Jacquelyn :D

My name is Debbie and I too have been addicted to this cruise critic since we first booked our cruise to Bermuda some 6 months ago. I feel great tho'. I cannot wait to check our thread that we have going to converse with all who I will Meet at our Meet & Mingle. Gosh, I think they are going to be sick of me by the time we pull out of port..........I eat, sleep, talk, cruise, cruise, cruise. I am way over the edge excited.

When I first stumbled across CC, (and I don't even remember how I got here now - probably from the multitude of sites about the ship that we were studying), I just thought it was a GREAT source of information. WOW! Anything I could possibly want to know about the trip is right there! Boom! Someone has already asked MY question, and look at all the replies! And then just to read the stories and the polls, and you start recognizing names and graphics! It was just too overwhelming to lurk! I had to join so I could have a say too!

Now I find myself running back to check for replies, and then I get sidetracked on other threads on the way to my own! HELP! I always said that I'd never get involved in all this 'chatting' stuff online! And look at me, awaiting answers from perfect strangers! This is so uncharacteristic!

And to make matters more interesting ... now I'm actually considering going to the meet n mingle! Anybody who knows me personally would never believe that one! Shy little ol' me, at a meet n mingle? What have you people done to me!!!!!!!

A cruise has always been my dream trip. So we finally just jumped in (sorry bad analogy around ships) and booked it. Now the planning and research is all I dream about - at home. No one at work is the wiser that I've got a hidden addiction!!! :D How many more days does the counter say? too long....

Thanks for letting me vent.

PS: JACQUELYN: you're on the next Western sailing following ours! She'll go eastbound between our sailings. Close, but no cigar....

Archived