How strict are they about kids in their own cabin?

Hi - We are sailing next month, and have planned to have our 20 and 17 year old kids share a cabin, while ours is next door. When I made the reservations through Expedia, they said something like that would be okay, but they made the reservations showing my husband and I each in a cabin with one of our kids, since that is the rule.

As we check in, will we need to act like that is what we are going to do, then secretly move into our own cabin? How strict are they about this kind of thing?

Thanks!

You can just go to the pursers desk after boarding and have your sail and sign cards switched. BTW, you should have been able to book the 2 of them together since your cabin is right next door but apparently your TA was unaware that Carnival does allow minor children to share a cabin as long as parents are next door or right across the hall.

When you get on the ship, just go to the Pursers and make the switch officially. Remember that your sail and sign card also acts as your room key, so a secret switch can cause other problems. They'll allow you to make the switch onboard reflecting the kids in one room and parents in another.

Our PVP booked us in one cabin and 3 kids (17, 15 & 8) right next door. Said no problem with kids in own cabin because it was next door. Then past guest special came up and they moved hubby and I into different cabins so that we could get the discount on each cabin. PVP said just to switch at the purser's desk when we get on board. You should have no problem at all. Happy cruising!

Hi - We are sailing next month, and have planned to have our 20 and 17 year old kids share a cabin, while ours is next door. When I made the reservations through Expedia, they said something like that would be okay, but they made the reservations showing my husband and I each in a cabin with one of our kids, since that is the rule.

As we check in, will we need to act like that is what we are going to do, then secretly move into our own cabin? How strict are they about this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Kids can have their own room as long as it is next from over or right across the hall.

Archived