Sorry-but one more passport posting

villa10

We leave in 6 days and still no passports after 12 weeks. Called my congressman this AM for the second time. They said we would still probably have them in time. Many are being mailed at the very last minute to arrive the day before you are leaving. One person was called at Noon the day before they were leaving and told they needed to drive to Phialdelphia from north Jersey to pick it up. Most times it's not that bad but it could be. So, if you are leaving soon be otimistic you will still get them in time. I hear the wait now for new applications is 16 weeks.

2 weeks might be if they are expedited and even then that is not likely--we are waiting 12 weeks and we applied we were told 8-10. Whoever said 2-12 weeks either meant for expedited or just is not aware of reality.

17 weeks and counting for my daughter. Faxed the third constent statement from her father to them today. They've conveniently not received any of the 2 previous as well as an overnight fed ex package. We leave at 9:40 in the morning. Thank goodness I went down last week and got a copy of her BC. I am beyond frustrated with them.

2 weeks might be if they are expedited and even then that is not likely--we are waiting 12 weeks and we applied we were told 8-10. Whoever said 2-12 weeks either meant for expedited or just is not aware of reality.

that would be his local post office

I was hoping you would have them by now. We DID end up getting ours just days (as in 3-4) before our May cruise.

But I did have the birth certificates and I know we wouldn't have had any problems using them.

But I understand, at this point you just WANT your passport. :(

Archived