How do MOST people dress MOST of the day...(Not a Dining Room Dress Code Question)

anil099

My sister and I still laugh about the guy we saw on our first Carnival cruise a couple of years ago... every last time we ran into him during the week, he was wearing the same outfit. Baggy grey "wifebeater" shirt, (the ones with the huuuuuge armholes) darker grey cotton jersey shorts. The same sloppy outfit, no matter what time of day or where he was going. I wouldn't cut my lawn in a getup like that! And I'm no Miss Priss, I wore shorts and Ts for most of the trip, but DIFFERENT ones at least...

The main concern as you have already stated is what to wear at dinner in the dining room, other than that it is your vacation.

Sometimes we change before going to the shows and sometimes we do not it just depends on our mood.

It was mentioned someone wore the same clothes throughout the cruise.

Our last cruise I noticed a man at breakfast wearing a carnival logo shirt, I myself have one I mentioned, he said that was all he had wore this cruise since his luggage was lost, due to airline situation he noted.

My sister and I still laugh about the guy we saw on our first Carnival cruise a couple of years ago... every last time we ran into him during the week, he was wearing the same outfit. Baggy grey "wifebeater" shirt, (the ones with the huuuuuge armholes) darker grey cotton jersey shorts. The same sloppy outfit, no matter what time of day or where he was going. I wouldn't cut my lawn in a getup like that! And I'm no Miss Priss, I wore shorts and Ts for most of the trip, but DIFFERENT ones at least...

But just think what a light suitcase he must have had! LOL! :D

Hey! He might be onto somethin here...........:p

Just my speedo........... ha

i didn't see the speedo in the pics, gig. what gives? LOL.:D

OP -- 90% of the time i'm hangin' by the pool, so it's bathing suit and cover up. when i'm not, shorts or mini skirt and tank; then dinner dress; then i sometimes change into casual clothes, sometimes not for evening...except formal night. on formal night i change right after dinner.

I always change after formal night dinner into more comfortable clothes. Non formal nights, I just wear what I wore to dinner, which is capris or sundresses. You will see everything from totally casual shorts and t-shirts (after all, not everyone goes to the dining room for dinner) to those who stay in their formal wear after formal night dinner.

Which brings me to another question then... ;) So I have bought two cocktail dresses already for the non-formal nights at dinner. Do people not get dressed up every night? Or do I already have my formal nights taken care of? LOL

I always change after formal night dinner into more comfortable clothes. Non formal nights, I just wear what I wore to dinner, which is capris or sundresses. You will see everything from totally casual shorts and t-shirts (after all, not everyone goes to the dining room for dinner) to those who stay in their formal wear after formal night dinner.

Which brings me to another unfortunate question... LOL If I wore cocktail dresses every night to dinner would I be overdressed? (I hope not, seeing as I have already bought two cocktail dresses and am currently the winning bidder on two long evening gowns on ebay. :D )

Which brings me to another unfortunate question... LOL If I wore cocktail dresses every night to dinner would I be overdressed? (I hope not, seeing as I have already bought two cocktail dresses and am currently the winning bidder on two long evening gowns on ebay. :D )

No, you won't be overdressed. There is always someone on a cruise that enjoys getting glammed up every night, so I'm sure you'll have company.

No you won't be over dressed, especially if you enjoy getting all dolled up. But it certainly isn't required. I learned the hard way how darn heavy sequins can be:eek: If you're not flying though, it won't be a problem. Enjoy~

I was wondering how do most people dress for most of the activities or just to walk around on a cruise...obviously the formal dining has a dress code...lets not get into that this thread...Im talking just out and about walking...can i be in my gym shorts....Im talking like at the buffet or pizza....obviously at the shows and stuff its different...just everyday stuff here were talking about

And if no pockets are available, we have one of those containers that they sell on all of the ships in the gift shop that are connected to an adjustable strap that you hang around your neck. It is just big enough to carry your room key (which is also used for purchases all over the ship) and any other small items.

T-shirt or tank top, some kind of hat to protect from strong sun, bathing suit, flip-flops (because the deck can get very hot, and is often slippery). Out on main lido deck or other poolside, simply the bathing suit.

On a nude cruise - just the birthday suit and a hat....and flip flops - the deck is still slippery. :-)

BnB

Archived