the $100 deposit

anil099

were 4 people cruising...will that $100 be for per person? or for each card its $100....

plus if i decide to do my own credit card...can i prepay the $100 cash deposit...since im a student i dont have a lot of credit line...how do iget the deposit back? cash or check? thanks

All I know is that when I cruise with groups, the initial deposit is $25 per person. That may not be true for your booking -- I have no clue. As far as pre-paying with cash, you need to talk to the person handling your booking about that. You only get the deposit back if you cancel.

Here is the full breakdown regarding cancellations, per Carnival's website:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

CANCELLATION BY GUEST, REFUNDS

Reservations will be held until 30 minutes prior to departure. No refunds will be made in the event of “no shows”, unused tickets, lost tickets, interruptions, partially used tickets, or cancellations received late or after the start of the cruise. A cancellation occurs when a stateroom is released and not simultaneously rebooked on the same sailing. Carnival strongly recommends the purchase of trip cancellation insurance from your travel agent. Cancellation charges for individual bookings will be assessed as listed below. For cancellation charges related to group bookings, partial ship charters or full ship charters refer to your charter contract or group booking agreement for terms and conditions.

DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE

2, 3, 4 & 5 DAY CRUISES

CANCELLATION CHARGE (per guest)

Up to 61 days -- None (except cruises to nowhere*)

60 to 30 days -- Deposit**

29 to 8 days5 -- 0% of Total Fare

7 days or less -- 100% of Total Fare

DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE

6, 7 & 8 DAY CRUISES

Up to 76 days -- None

75 to 30 days -- Deposit

29 to 8 days -- 50% of Total Fare

7 days or less -- 100% of Total Fare

ALASKA CRUISES, CRUISE TOURS AND 10 DAYS OR LONGER CRUISES

Up to 76 days -- None

75 to 46 days -- Deposit

45 to 15 days -- 50% of Total Fare

14 days or less -- 100% of Total Fare

EFFECTIVE 2007 9, 12, 14, & 16 DAY EUROPE CRUISES

Up to 91 days -- None

90 to 56 days -- Deposit

55 to 15 days -- 50% of Total Fare

14 days or less -- 100% of Total Fare

Total Fare is defined as Cruise Fare, Air Fare Supplement, Transfer Services and Pre/Post Cruise Vacation Packages.

*The deposit is non refundable

**For cruises-to-nowhere, the cancellation charge is 25% of Total Fare.

were 4 people cruising...will that $100 be for per person? or for each card its $100....

plus if i decide to do my own credit card...can i prepay the $100 cash deposit...since im a student i dont have a lot of credit line...how do iget the deposit back? cash or check? thanks

Deposits are per person.....I do not understand the rest of your question of "if I use my own credit card,can I prepay the $100.00 cash" ? If the deposit is made with a check, then you will be refinded a check, if with c.card, then refunded back to that card. Keep in mind that the refund could take 30 - 60 days before it appears on your statement or check is received.

The $100 they put for a deposit on you Sign & sail card, if you pay cash and any is left at the end of the cruise, they will give you a check that can be cashed at the Pursers desk.

If you pay with credit card, it is just a hold and the hold will be taken off.

Is that what you are talking about?

Archived