Sorry if this has been asked...

RickinNYC

Lacking context-- i think it might be a misspelling of Krackit. These are one of the forms of gambling onboard. In this part of Pennsyltucky they abound at church bazaars and bingo. (If you are really skilled you can rip em all in one try!

You pay for them ($5 a pop on board) and then pull the tabs off to reveal your prize. Usually small amounts of cash (all on board get at least a buck) and one lucky winner gets a cruise. Think scratch off tickets without the mess!

Somehow I think I remember this spelling somewhere---but I might be wrong!

I believe the are called "krackets", and they are beyond stupid.

Basically they are paper strips that they try to sell you all the time, and you open the little windows on them to see if you are a winner. Sort of like instant scratch-off tickets. They like to push them just prior to the shows in the theater and just before bingo sessions begin.

By the end of our last cruise, I had the speech almost memorized that the poor girl had to give every time she had to hawk these things:

"Ladies and gentlemen, before we start this evening's show (or today's bingo session) I want to tell you about something wonderful. How would you like to win big money? It sounds good, yes? Well come see me to get your krackets. The more strips you buy, the more money you can win. It sounds good, no?"

:p :p

Gotcha. So now I get it. It's called Krackit and it's just another way to spend more of your hard earned money on something you don't need or want. And the way I am, something I would likely end up buying tons of after one too many martinis.

something you don't need or want. And the way I am, something I would likely end up buying tons of after one too many martinis.

I'd agree with you---but I of course need and want more money and another cruise!!:D

Archived