Capt. Bryan's Question

Sea Girls

I need to know if Captain Bryan's catamarans have shade to sit under without having to go below the deck. I'll be taking my mom and my young daughter and it seems that Capt. Bryan's seems like the best tour to Stingray City for us. We are all very fair skinned and even though we will be wearing plenty of sunscreen we don't want to just sit in the sun and bake. Also, my mother probably won't be snorkeling at the other stops so I'd like for her to be able to sit in the shade and watch. If you've been on the Bucaneer or the Hannibal, please let me know how you liked it and if either had shade. Thanks!

Sea Girls,

We were on the Buccaneer two weeks ago and I'm sorry to report that

there is no place to catch some shade on the catamaran. You can go below deck but the area closed in and not much to see.

Captain Bryan has more than one boat. We were on the Buccaneer and there was plenty of shade. We had my 75 and 79 y/o parents and they sat in the shade. The steps were easy to get in and out of the water and we had a wonderful time. They also had a head on board and a cash bar. There were only 7 of us on a 40 or 45 ft boat. I saw all these very crowded boats pass us and was very pleased with our choice. They were also patient w/ my son who was scared. Our Catpain was Leon and he and his crew were great. Bring your own water though- their free water was nasty. Annie

• 3 weeks later...

I feel your pain! I have very fair skin, but did fine this past may on the hannibal (after applying ample sunscreen of course). there is a place to sit that is shaded. Our trip there was only about a dozen people so we had plenty of space... but they said that we went on a slow day. either way, you should be fine. have a great time!! :)

we were on the buccaneer almost exactly a year ago, and yes there is shade on the boat towards the back. and some shade when they raise the sail for the return trip. have a great time, it was a blast!:D

Archived