Do you really need online docs?

aearly

I have filled out my docs online for my past three cruises w/ RCCL. However, is there really any significance to it at all? What does it speed up? Filling out that little two line paper in the cruise paper-docs?

Just wondering...

I figure it saves 3-4 minutes per cabin checking in, but multiplied by the cabins on the ship speeds up the entire boarding process for everyone.:)

3 to 4 minutes? If there are only 750 cabins on a ship and each cabin uses E-docs and saves 3 minutes per cabin, that would be a total of 2,250 minutes or 37.5 hours. If that were the case you would be boarding your ship the day before you set sail. :D

On the other hand, if it shaves on 15 seconds off each cabin and there are only 750 cabins, total boarding time could be reduces by 187 minutes or a little over 3 hours.

When your talking about ships with over 1000 cabins, you don't have to save much time per transaction to save what seems like a lot of time off embarkation.

That is, if I have my calculations correct. I just came off a 12 hour night shift so my math could be a little fuzzy. ;)

Calculations are close... just need to divide the total hours saved over the total number of people that process people checking in. :)

LOL I feel every minute counts after the long wait for the cruise to come! even if I only save 3 - 4 minutes total, it is still worth it to me!!!!

I know it sure makes the pier personnel happy when everything is in order....I've had comments there from my last three cruises about how nice it is to get people with all their documents in order---makes the checkin process pleasant for all of us.

3 to 4 minutes? If there are only 750 cabins on a ship and each cabin uses E-docs and saves 3 minutes per cabin, that would be a total of 2,250 minutes or 37.5 hours. If that were the case you would be boarding your ship the day before you set sail. :D

Hmm, does that mean I board a day early and get an extra day? :D

Archived