Cabo???

Calicruiser101

Can someone let me know how the snorkeling is in Cabo??? Which place do you suggest, I know there are a couple of beach areas but I heard the tides are pretty strong in some of these areas. Medano Beach is not really a snoreling area, but a good place to swim and do other water sports. If someone reccomends a beach how did you get there, did you snorkel from the shore or did you jump off a boat?

Try Santa Maria Bay or Lovers Beach. Santa Maria is in the corridor next to the Twin Dolphins hotel. This is a nice bay that you can swim into and snorkel directly. There is also an excursion or two that will take you there. Lovers beach was good/clear during one of our November visits, but can get strong currents during certain times of the year.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Can someone let me know how the snorkeling is in Cabo??? Which place do you suggest, I know there are a couple of beach areas but I heard the tides are pretty strong in some of these areas. Medano Beach is not really a snoreling area, but a good place to swim and do other water sports. If someone reccomends a beach how did you get there, did you snorkel from the shore or did you jump off a boat?

The water in Santa Maria Cove and Chileno Bay is the bluest of anywhere along the Mexican Riviera that I've seen. The visibility is better, the water is warm, and normally very calm. Lovers Beach can get fiesty, and the visibility suffers. All the boat tours in Cabo go to either Santa Maria or Chileno Bay for snorkleling, and for good reason. It's calm, safe, and clear. The best in the area is Cabo Pulmo, but 1.5 hours drive is a bit too far for anybody on a cruise stop.

• 2 months later...

Archived