The croc flip flops are the bomb!!

Okay, okay, are you happy? I finally broke down today and went out and bought a pair of Athens for myself. After reading all about them on this thread, I decided to try them out. I bought the pearl/orange combo, and had to buy a size smaller, as they seemed pretty big and wide. I've had them on about 4 hours now and they seem quite comfortable. Tomorrow is "Casual Friday" at school so I'm going to wear them with a pair of slacks and a twinset. Honestly, I wish I had more willpower! :eek:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

LOL.....hope you like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered these from sketchers...way cute and similar to crocs:

I hope the link works.

They're knock offs--not the same quality and material as real crocs. I honestly don't understand buying knock offs when the real deal isn't that costly.

I wouldn't call Skechers "knock offs"... They cost almost as much as crocs do. And a friend of mine wore some croc look a likes about 10 years ago when there was a different company that advertised them as just "garden" shoes for super cheap... so croc did not (from my understanding) originate the look of the beach style shoe... Skechers may have used an inspired design and capitalized on the popularity of crocs, but they are a good quality company. My mom swears by the skechers slides (the ones that look like tennis shoes from the top). She wears them for work and everything. She has a work pair and a shopping pair.

I bought the Crocs "itheca" flip flops. The major con is that I have blisters between my toes from wearing them. I wore them to a convention where I was walking for 4-6 hours straight 2 days in a row. My feet are not sore at all, except the blistered area. I love how cushy they are! Not achey at all. I am hoping that after I "break them in" and my toes get used to the hard plastic in between, that they will be awesome. I am a flip flop wearer, but I've only ever used a thing piece of cloth between my toes, so they aren't used to the harder piece on these croc flops. Overall, I like them.. I just hope they will get better.

I wouldn't call Skechers "knock offs"...

It really doesn't matter if you choose to call them that or not, they are. They took a proprietary patent and modified it slightly (made it less attractive, IMHO) and are selling it as their own design. Crocs Inc. has been winning patent infrigement lawsuits right and left. The *garden clog* that you're referring to is just that. Crocs were originally designed for boaters and the only thing they have in common with garden clogs is that you wear them on your feet. Material, orthotics, design, etc are completely different.

I wear Bare Minerals make up and will not purchase any of the the Johnny-come-lately brands who are trying to jump on their band wagon. It's very easy to let someone do all of the creativity and then market almost identical items as your own.

I worked for a company that created a very innovative product which was hugely popular and we spent as much time fighting patent infringements as we did marketing our products, so this is a topic that hits me close to home. When people buy similar, but not identical, items and don't like them then they assume that the original is equally at fault.

Just wanted to report on my impressions of the Crocs Capri flip flop I ordered. I received them last week and wore them all weekend on our boat and around the marina. Lots and lots of compliments and questions about wear did I find them. Since they are designed specifically for women (not unisex), they fit my foot perfectly and are not at all boxy or clunky looking. The top and the strap between the toes are microfiber and are extremely comfortable-no rubbing or blisters from the toe section. This is the first pair of Crocs which has fit me and I love the way they feel, the pebble design on the footbed, and the cushioning under my feet. I am seriously considering buying another pair.

Just wanted to report on my impressions of the Crocs Capri flip flop I ordered. I received them last week and wore them all weekend on our boat and around the marina. Lots and lots of compliments and questions about wear did I find them. Since they are designed specifically for women (not unisex), they fit my foot perfectly and are not at all boxy or clunky looking. The top and the strap between the toes are microfiber and are extremely comfortable-no rubbing or blisters from the toe section. This is the first pair of Crocs which has fit me and I love the way they feel, the pebble design on the footbed, and the cushioning under my feet. I am seriously considering buying another pair.

Kind of addictive, aren't they? Almost as bad as pistachios...;)

The toe part on my bf's Athens are way more comfortable than the toe part on the ithicas.

That's good to know! Hope you're able to break yours in. I just broke in a pair of black flats - they just needed a little bit of "wearing" and now they are perfect (or else my feet have adjusted). :)

Anyone else do this?

That's good to know! Hope you're able to break yours in. I just broke in a pair of black flats - they just needed a little bit of "wearing" and now they are perfect (or else my feet have adjusted). :)

I hope so, too! The footbed part is AMAZING, just the toe part is bad for me right now.

I'm wondering if the "CAPRI" flip flops have a stiff/hard toe part or if it's more like the athens.. I haven't seen capri ones in real life.

Anyone know?

I hope so, too! The footbed part is AMAZING, just the toe part is bad for me right now.

I'm wondering if the "CAPRI" flip flops have a stiff/hard toe part or if it's more like the athens.. I haven't seen capri ones in real life.

Anyone know?

My DH got the Crete's (they have the micro fiber upper just like the women's Capri) so between the toe is soft, not plastic. He loves them. We went to Dick's so I could look at them and he ended up getting two pair. I got the Cleo and love them. I hope to order more on line since I couldn't find more colors that I liked in the store.

I am going to try the Capr's also.

Anyone know?

I have been wearing my Capris for a couple of week. The piece between the toe is microfiber and is very soft and flexible. These have to be the most comfortable flip flops I have ever owned. The style is great-very feminine, not boxy like the uni-sex sizes.

I've been trying to get the Capri for a long time now, but the Crocs website never has my size in, and I can't find them in any store... :(

I just found this website yesterday. I placed an order for 2 styles of crocs (sassari and scutes) and they shipped the same day via FedEx!

http://www.shoesonashoestring.com/Common.aspx?Dept=FOOTWEAR&itemtype=Sub_Department&Sub_Department=&Class=&Brand=CROCS&YellowTag=0&Size=&Width=&Color=&level=2&trail=FOOTWEAR&couponcode=CROCSJUNE2007

I just found this website yesterday. I placed an order for 2 styles of crocs (sassari and scutes) and they shipped the same day via FedEx!

http://www.shoesonashoestring.com/Common.aspx?Dept=FOOTWEAR&itemtype=Sub_Department&Sub_Department=&Class=&Brand=CROCS&YellowTag=0&Size=&Width=&Color=&level=2&trail=FOOTWEAR&couponcode=CROCSJUNE2007

Love my scutes, EZ on EZ off. I wear them every day and wouldn't hesitate to get another pair. If I didn't have to wear steel-toes at work, I'd wear them there too. I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat. Let us know how you like them.

Thanks for that website, I just purchased the white/celery capri flip flops that I wanted!

You're welcome! I can't believe how fast mine shipped (the sassari's seem to be out of stock almost everywhere) and I'm anxiously tracking my shipment online :D

Love my scutes, EZ on EZ off. I wear them every day and wouldn't hesitate to get another pair. If I didn't have to wear steel-toes at work, I'd wear them there too. I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat. Let us know how you like them.

I'll be glad to report back! I'm sure I'll love them--haven't found a style yet that I didn't :D

(from one PH to another ;) )

Late to this thread, but wanted to jump in after visiting the croc website. The Sassari are adorable. The the poster who has these, how are they wearing? They are adorable! The Nile reminds me of Birkenstock Pacific but w/ a backstrap which would be very handy! Anyone have either of these?

Late to this thread, but wanted to jump in after visiting the croc website. The Sassari are adorable. The the poster who has these, how are they wearing? They are adorable! The Nile reminds me of Birkenstock Pacific but w/ a backstrap which would be very handy! Anyone have either of these?

I wore my new Sassari's to an anniversary party yesterday and they were wonderful! They were so comfortable and no one believed they were crocs! They will definitely be going on my next cruise.

The Niles are great! I've had my original pair for 3 years and they are my summer stand-by. My daughter just got her first pair and loves them.

Archived