?'s about Celebration:Room sizes, trans, Jax

sherin65

I have the opportunity to go on Carnival's Celebration in December of this year. I'd be going with my mom and my sister. I have read some nice things here about the ship. I know it's old but the price is great(through her group at the Y) and mom has never been on a cruise before so it will be a good one for her to start with.

Are the cabins for the outside(window class 6a) rooms bigger than the inside rooms? We'll have 3 in the room.

Mom lives in Jax but sis and I are in IN so we'll fly into Jax. How do I find a shuttle service to our hotel? Then also from hotel to port? We'll stay at Holiday Inn Express near the port. They don't have their own shuttle that I know of but my room will be free as we have points to use.

Sher

We stayed at the same hotel, for free with the points " don't you love Priority Club" the hotel was new and very nice in 2006. I think they will take you to the port if you make arrangements, contact them to make sure. We were on Empress level OV and the room was very roomy. You will love the ship, go and enjoy.:)

Are the cabins for the outside(window class 6a) rooms bigger than the inside rooms? We'll have 3 in the room.

Sher

i dont know how big the rooms are compared to the inside rooms, but i just got back from the celebration and we had a 6a room that fit my mom, my friend and I comfortably. I was quite suprised how much room we had

Usually I would ask for extra hangers from the steward, but on Celebration, the hangers are the ones that just hook into a slots on the rack. If there will be 3 of you, I would suggest bringing some regular hangers with you. It was ok with 2 of us, but I can foresee 3 hanging clothes might be a problem. There are 2 closets with shelves between them. The only drawers were small drawers (about 4 or 5) in the vanity/desk.

I have the opportunity to go on Carnival's Celebration in December of this year. I'd be going with my mom and my sister. I have read some nice things here about the ship. I know it's old but the price is great(through her group at the Y) and mom has never been on a cruise before so it will be a good one for her to start with.

Mom lives in Jax but sis and I are in IN so we'll fly into Jax. How do I find a shuttle service to our hotel? Then also from hotel to port? We'll stay at Holiday Inn Express near the port. They don't have their own shuttle that I know of but my room will be free as we have points to use.

Sher

If you are talking about the Holiday Inn Express right next to the port, its on New Berlin road. I'm booked there again for my Late Aug. cruise on the Celebration. Make sure you tell them you are going on the ship, I did and they gave me a special price for the room. You can't go wrong with a cruise on the Celebration. Are you doing the Key West cruise or just the Bahamas? IMO the stop Key West is worth the cruise alone.

You will love the Celebration! The rooms are quite comfy. I second the suggestion about the extra hangers, too!

When are you cruising in December? We are booked for the 12/6/07 4-day cruise. Come on over to the roll call boards and if you're on a different cruise, then start your own roll call!

Are you doing the Key West cruise or just the Bahamas?

We are on the schedule that just goes to the Bahamas. I've never been there so it's ok.

When are you cruising in December? We are booked for the 12/6/07 4-day cruise. Come on over to the roll call boards and if you're on a different cruise, then start your own roll call!

I am on the same trip! I looked for a rool call and didn't see one. I'll have to look again.

Sher

Thanks for the info!

Is there a formal night on a cruise this short(4day)?

Yes, there is one formal night on this cruise. It will be the day you're in Freeport, which is (I think) the second night. That is also the night of the Captain's party. There is no past guest reception on a 4-night cruise.

Have a great trip!

Just wanted to echo the other posters comments on the Celebration ...... she is an older ship, but there is a lot to be said for these smaller ships.

I sailed her in February with three gal friends. We had a Veranda Suite, so it was very comfy. Everything was so convenient to get to, so easy to maneuver about - the food was very good, as a matter of fact the lobster on formal night were HUGE - some of us had seconds and thirds!

We had a "virgin cruiser" with us and she was really impressed with the overall service, food, etc. They also had great opportunities for really nice portraits (better than some of the mega ships)!

I would sail on the Celebration again in a heartbeat. :)

Archived